New Owner Of 08 E350-Very Confused

dewana421

Hi all,
i am a new owner of an 08 e350 that i just bought from a dealership yesterday. after searching so much i was able to find this one with 40k original miles, previous 2 owners but with lexus records. clean car fax. checked the car and had no evidence of any accident.
real clean interior, the only thing i saw was one headlight is yellowed out but thats small and can be restored.

Out the door with tax,tag,registration i paid $16k.
Not sure if this was an ok deal or a good deal?confused.gif

Its a charcoal grey outside on black interior. options include heated seats and xenon lights with AFS, TPMS. not sure which ones are standard.

i owned a 02 es300 for past 8 years and just sold it and got this one. hope this one runs with no issues.
what do you guys think?

Hi Ed and welcome to the Club.

Your outline sounds like a standard case of buyers remorse. However It's not clear from what you say which items in your list are bothering you the most.

For eample; you have all of the Lexus service records, you have it's CarFax, which though not allways 100% right on, it is helpful.

For an 08' with only 40k miles on it, it sounds like they never drove any further than the grocery store.

Do you have a trade?. A trade against and good preowned can be a rubic's cube to try and figure out.

You made what appears to be an informed decsion. As you already know, nothing is without some level of risk. This sounds like you should enjoy your new ride.

By the way, when you buy something, ask for the opinion BEFORE you make the purchase.

Paul

Hi Ed and welcome to the Club.

Your outline sounds like a standard case of buyers remorse. However It's not clear from what you say which items in your list are bothering you the most.

For eample; you have all of the Lexus service records, you have it's CarFax, which though not allways 100% right on, it is helpful.

For an 08' with only 40k miles on it, it sounds like they never drove any further than the grocery store.

Do you have a trade?. A trade against and good preowned can be a rubic's cube to try and figure out.

You made what appears to be an informed decsion. As you already know, nothing is without some level of risk. This sounds like you should enjoy your new ride.

By the way, when you buy something, ask for the opinion BEFORE you make the purchase.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

what is bothering me is one of the yellowed out headlight and 2nd there is water inside my trunk on the left hand side. other then that the car is absolutely clean. not sure if one of the yellowed headlight can be fixed? there are kits available to clean it but not sure if it will work.

Other thing is where did this water inside the trunk came in from? i cannot find any threads or information on this topic.

P.S. I did try to get advise before buying the car however it was on a different forum and no one responded. i should have asked here.

I know the RX400h and RX330 had headlamp recalls, but a little toothpaste with elbow grease could remove the yellow on the headlamp. As for the water inside the trunk, maybe a sunroof drain hose came loose, or the gasket on the trunk lid is damaged.

• 2 weeks later...

Some blue coral headlight restore should do the trick on the headlight. The water in the trunk can be a clogged moonroof drain on the rear corner or bad trunk lid seal or leaking taillight seal. Have the delaer check that.

I traded my 2008 in with 198,000 miles for a CPO 2011 ES.