1992 Sc300

Ok well this car isnt mine, its a neighbors. He needed some work done on it and asked me if I could do it so I said yes. Well anyways I work on alot of cars so im not a complete moron. I am a mechanic assistant at a car dealership. Well he needed a new radiator, valve covers, distributor, cap, rotor, wires, and plugs. So I installed everything and now it runs like complete crap. I redid the timing with a timing light. And i did the short circut thing your supposed to do when adjusting the timing. I cant figur out what went wrong. Its a rough idol and when you drive it it has no power. Ive rechecked all that i did, and I cant find anything that I did wrong. I rechecked all the wiring etc. Anyone please help

Make sure the ignition coil is clean. Everything. Take it off the mounted position. Clean the exposed core and the area the core mounts to on that fender well. Check the connection on the output. Is there moisture in the distributor cap by chance, plugs, boots? - that stuff is over sensitive. Otherwise it is hit or miss. Sounds like it's missing though. Air filter clean, intake tubing all connected tight, and maf working correctly? Vacuum lines? I'm sure you removed the intake manifold - make sure all that stuff is tight - you got new gaskets right? It's a reach but - eh. All those vacuum lines - whew -

• 1 year later...

the same thing is happening to me now. I changed my waterpump- put the same timing belt back on. Ran fine for an hour. Then, the second time i started it up it runs like it has 10 hp- top speed eventually 25mph and smelling like gas. I took it to dealer, they said timing was off. I took it all down again only to find that the timing is not off- even adjusted the cams up and down a couple of times to see if that helps. When i do that the car doesn't run. I put the belt back on the way it's supposed to be and the car starts- just has no power. I'm stuck. help! 1990ls

Ok well this car isnt mine, its a neighbors. He needed some work done on it and asked me if I could do it so I said yes. Well anyways I work on alot of cars so im not a complete moron. I am a mechanic assistant at a car dealership. Well he needed a new radiator, valve covers, distributor, cap, rotor, wires, and plugs. So I installed everything and now it runs like complete crap. I redid the timing with a timing light. And i did the short circut thing your supposed to do when adjusting the timing. I cant figur out what went wrong. Its a rough idol and when you drive it it has no power. Ive rechecked all that i did, and I cant find anything that I did wrong. I rechecked all the wiring etc. Anyone please help

This may not be revalent but my son in laws Dodge ram V-8 had the same symptoms. 1000,000 miles. Catalitic converter was plugged. New converter ran perfect. Computer codes did not show this. Found it by removing O2 sensor and it ran better but not as it should.

This may not be revalent but my son in laws Dodge ram V-8 had the same symptoms. 1000,000 miles. Catalitic converter was plugged. New converter ran perfect. Computer codes did not show this. Found it by removing O2 sensor and it ran better but not as it should.

I meant 100,000 miles

i had similar things going on a while back with my SC400. startd up fine then drove out the driveway and put mail in the box, when i got back in the car had a rough idle and barley made it back up my driveway. changed all ignition parts and last i found that it was the secondary coil on the left bank of the motor. i had to swap out with my LS to see if those were the problem. but after i chnged that out it ran just fine