mvargo

2007 Ls 460 Worn Drivers Door Arm Rest Replacement

11 hours ago, Jolz said:

Hi: is the warranty enhancement only offered to original owner? I recently bought a used 2007 LS460 and I was wondering if I would also be able to take advantage of the free armrest replacement.  Thanks. 

IIRC, the warranty extension on this problem was to 10 years from the car's in-service date but I suggest you take your car to a Lexus dealership and confirm.  It doesn't, or at least didn't, matter if you aren't the original owner. 

10 years past the in-service date is a common period for a warranty extension like this.  A similar 10-year extension was recently announced on several expensive components on one of our Toyotas after a class action lawsuit settlement.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2016 at 3:56 PM, sktn77a said:

Just FYI, Lexus has a "warranty enhancement" for this defect now.  

good luck getting then to do anything I have been on back order for 10 months they are hoping I will die first

On 1/25/2020 at 11:37 PM, Jolz said:

Hi: is the warranty enhancement only offered to original owner? I recently bought a used 2007 LS460 and I was wondering if I would also be able to take advantage of the free armrest replacement.  Thanks. 

No, it's available to whoever owns the car.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, tonyt2008LS460 said:

I have a 2008 LS460 and just received in the mail Customer Support Program Notification ZLZ. Took the car to the dealer and they took a few photos to send to Lexus and they will be replacing both door panels as soon as the parts arrive. About time!

It is Feb.2020 I have been on list a year in April did you get yours fixed??

• Like 1