2007 Ls 460 Worn Drivers Door Arm Rest Replacement

11 hours ago, Jolz said:

Hi: is the warranty enhancement only offered to original owner? I recently bought a used 2007 LS460 and I was wondering if I would also be able to take advantage of the free armrest replacement.  Thanks. 

IIRC, the warranty extension on this problem was to 10 years from the car's in-service date but I suggest you take your car to a Lexus dealership and confirm.  It doesn't, or at least didn't, matter if you aren't the original owner. 

10 years past the in-service date is a common period for a warranty extension like this.  A similar 10-year extension was recently announced on several expensive components on one of our Toyotas after a class action lawsuit settlement.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2020 at 11:37 PM, Jolz said:

Hi: is the warranty enhancement only offered to original owner? I recently bought a used 2007 LS460 and I was wondering if I would also be able to take advantage of the free armrest replacement.  Thanks. 

No, it's available to whoever owns the car.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, tonyt2008LS460 said:

I have a 2008 LS460 and just received in the mail Customer Support Program Notification ZLZ. Took the car to the dealer and they took a few photos to send to Lexus and they will be replacing both door panels as soon as the parts arrive. About time!

It is Feb.2020 I have been on list a year in April did you get yours fixed??

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ya I tried u can't get it repaired unless you are the original owner really !Removed! me off I had to talk to like 4 different people over multiple days to be told no cause I'm not original owner and I also ended up finding it in the fine print saying it only applies to original owner, bummer!!

• 3 months later...

This warranty is not limited to the original owner. My 2008 LS460 was bought from the original owner. The extended warranty was a Lexus gift of approximately $8000 in parts alone, according to my dealer. They replaced all four of the door panels, the dash and panels, including the glove box. The interior looks new now. It did take a bit of waiting, but well worth it.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, Ls4601529 said:

Ya I tried u can't get it repaired unless you are the original owner really !Removed! me off I had to talk to like 4 different people over multiple days to be told no cause I'm not original owner and I also ended up finding it in the fine print saying it only applies to original owner, bummer!!

You must be dealing with an idiot dealer. My second-hand LS460 was taken care of with no issues. The dealer actually liked this warranty because they were paid labor by Lexus.

I have a 2007 LS460 (one of the first to be manufactured) and the door panel armrests melt in the heat.  I had complained about it to the Ray Catena dealer from which I bought the car when I went in for another problem.  Unfortunately, the service representative did not document the problem.  Periodically, I looked for a product to fix the problem and stumbled onto the extended warranty about 3 weeks ago.  I went back to the Dealer and was told I was too late for the warranty but to call Lexus.  I did and was told It was too late to qualify. It does not seem fair to me.

• 2 months later...

States that this applies to 2007 LS460 produced in Tahara with a VIN produced before JTHBL46#75032329 with unlimited mileage and it is in effect until March 31, 2021. Driving to Lexus dealership tomorrow to see if this is legit.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10145764-9999.pdf