2007 Ls 460 Worn Drivers Door Arm Rest Replacement

My Lexus drivers side door armrest is badly worn and cracked in several spots. Dealer review indicates replacing the entire door panel is required. I recall part costs over $2,000 plus installation. wow.

I have had auto repair shops look it over and have not found a fix. Any thoughts are appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi Jeff, thanks for responding. The cracks are similar, but the material has not peeled away as yours has. I have checked with re upholstery shops and the material is synthetic. so its not easy to repair. I am thinking some type of cover-up material would work, the rest of the panel is OK.

terrible design - have to replace entire panel to fix a minor item.

Mike

• 9 months later...

I have a 2" "slice" in the driver side arm rest. The slice is very thin and none of the padding under the vinyl cover is visible. If anyone has a suggestion of how to repair the slice, I would appreciate a response.

I suggest that you contact a pro that specializes in repairing damage to leather and vinyl in vehicle interiors. The indie Lexus repair shop I've used for many years has a guy who comes in to make repairs like this while vehicles are in for service.

• 2 months later...

My son works for a company called Interior Magic. They do contract work at dealerships repairing the trade-ins for resale.

They are usually set up in the back lot under a tent or portable carport. Just drive around there and talk to them about a

"side job" they should be happy to hook you up. My son fixed mine--like new. Took about an hour. I gave him $30.00.

• 10 months later...

Good Morning, thanks for sending.  After months of discussion and help from dealership, Lexus replaced the two front door arm rests at no charge.  As you may know it involved the entire door panels.      Mike

Good afternoon. Thanks for the news .Do you have any idea how I can get enough information in order to talk to a dealer about getting my LS 460 repaired under warranty? I am concerned that if I cannot supply a warranty or repair order number, my dealer may be unable or unwilling to research for it.

Thanks again.

I found a "warranty enhancement" specific to certain models, but it did not include the LS.

Do you know where this information can be found? The dealer will give push back unless you can show them exactly where it

states the LS is covered for this.

Thanks,

• 5 months later...

The "warranty enhancement" is for the 2007 LS and the 2006-2008 IS.   Your car isn't covered under it but if you have a good relationship with your dealer, they might go to bat for you with Lexus Corp.  If it's Johnson Lexus, though, don't bother - they are a total waste of time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I made a formal complaint to Lexus through their website Lexus.com contact us. I got quick response to my concern about my 2008 LS460 arm rests breaking down but they said currently not under the warranty enhancement offer for 2008 LS. I was told they base their decision for enhancement program by number of complaints they receive.  Please if you are having problems with your armrest breaking down contact Lexus.com and make a formal complaint. Maybe they will see that this is not normal wear and tear but a defective material.

3821C8BC-6A3B-497C-BA98-5E9FEEEDF9CA.jpeg

DE492166-288C-41F8-A6BA-28D7F773CB71.jpeg

1D170A12-F10D-407A-854F-3B9E8F693015.jpeg

• 4 months later...

I have a 2008 LS460 and just received in the mail Customer Support Program Notification ZLZ. Took the car to the dealer and they took a few photos to send to Lexus and they will be replacing both door panels as soon as the parts arrive. About time!

• 11 months later...

I also bought a 2007ls460 the interior is a mess the parts have been back ordered April will be a year no word I took it to Park Place Plano Texas they took pictures now waiting to hear from them they said it might take a couple of months before I hear back that is a crock it took me 5minutes to look on Lexus and it is covered they just don't want to fix it Lexus told dealers not to carry these parts I guess they think we will go away.I am a senior on fixed income it took me a long time to save up for this car I won't go away I will be a thorn in your side count on it I have nothing but time.J.M. Parker

Hi: is the warranty enhancement only offered to original owner? I recently bought a used 2007 LS460 and I was wondering if I would also be able to take advantage of the free armrest replacement.  Thanks.