Priceless

Iridium + (one step up from the original) plugs for $8 a piece (www.ngk.com [not NGK company]), $72 cap and rotor ($30 discount from Pohanka dealer; good folks), and knuckle breaking 5 hours (3 hrs spent fishing the accidentally dropped 10mm socket in the T-B housing) = priceless. With 120k on original plugs and cap the car ran good, but with the gas price in $2/gallon, I wanted to maximize the efficiency and targeted for 25mpg like some of the other forum members. First noticeable difference is the silk smooth idle that I remember when I first got the car. Amazing how quiet/smooth the car idles with 120k. The slight hesitation between 1.5k-2k is almost not noticeable. Compare to the Jeep and minivan, SC400 is the most fuel-efficient car that I have under my roof. For those wanting to better the car, tune-up is in order for those who have not done so already. This is highly recommended for the member who said; “300hp”, “hesitation”, “gas mileage”, “HP increase without FI”, “low end torque” and etc should all start from the basics and work your way up to “never ending” to fulfill your desire for bettering the awesome SC that we all have. I always ran my tire pressure on my SC at 30lbs for smoother ride but now I have 35lbs hoping to achieve higher gas mileage. Happy cruising. :cheers:

Thats what I always preach on higher mileage cars... Do the things that need to be done. Some other good ones, plug wires, fuel filter, new O2 sensors, some injectors cleaner (or at least some techron gas), change tranny oils, the works. I always see people so worried about making ponies and such that they overlook the small stuff that reclaims power, and the mods they do weaken the integrity of the car because they haven't done these things.

Its amazing what a new set of plugs and cap and rotor can do for a car, there should be a sticker above your oil change one that tells you to change your plugs like every 30K :-)

I changed my air filter, and that made a significant difference. My car could actually breath, I'm gonna do a complete tune-up next week. Wise words for all car owners.

I pretty excited though. Especially when you said your SC400 is a great on gas. I wish i could do it today, but I have work. Y'know how that is.