Question About Vin

I just got my paprework from the insurance compsny and where it states the description of my car and VIN # it states "LEXUS/ES300/COAH" what is th COAH? My first thought was yeah hoo Coach but it can't be. Does anyone know what it is?

You could try calling your insurance agent and asking. Perhaps they have rated it as a Coach series by mistake. If so, it is possible that your premium is higher than it should be. For example State Farm charges more for ensuring the 2000 LS Platinum series than a non-Platinum - odd since a base level Platinum "SE" might have sold for $10,000 less than a fully optioned non-Platinum LS or a fully optioned Platinum "SF" or "SG".

THERE IS A COACH ADDITION, IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE SMALL TAGS ON THE

FRONT FENDERS,THEN TAKE A LOOK AT THE LEATHER SEATS, IF IT IS

STANDARD SMOOTH LEATHER,IT'S NOT COACH..BUT IF IT HAS TINY HOLES

THROUGHOUT THE SEATS, THEN IT'S COACH LEATHER....ONE OTHER

INDICATOR IS THE STYLE OF THE WHEELS,COACH WHEELS WERE

A FLAT ALUMINUM ALMOST POLISHED DESIGN

2GZ has it right on how to tell if your car is a Coach Edition. Your profile says you have a '99--one of the 3 models years Coach Editions were made on the ES (96, 99, 01). (Additionally, there was a Coach Edition LS in 97 and a Coach Edition RX in 02).

2GZ, I cannot pm you this because the messaging system is unavailable to you until your post count hits 20, so I have to post it here.

Hi, I just want to offer a friendly reminder to you about posting in ALL CAPS. Some sites do not regard this as offensive and it is very common place in the world to text message and email in ALL CAPS.

However, some forums and user groups still find typing in all caps as an offensive gesture, or a hightened tone of voice so to speak.

To better yours and our enjoyment of this site, please refrain from using all caps.

This message is not directed at you particularly, I send it to anyone that has posted several times using ALL CAPS.

Thanks for your help on this issue and I look forward to further input from you on this site.

Steve Johnson

ES/IS Forum Moderator.