Has Anyone Taken Their Lx 470 Through The Snow?

alvette5

I'd like to hear how this SUV performs. This will be my first time taking it into the elements. I already installed the DVD player to help the kids stay occupied but I'm a little nervous. Anyone used the low differential? Thanks for any input or advice.

You mean low range?

I have used my LX in snow since it has snowed pretty badly here in Philly. I feel that it is a capable vehicle in the snow. If you ever get stuck, you should first try the center diff lock and then try low range. I've always kept it in high range in the snow. You do plan on staying on roads right? Just becareful and you'll be fine.

-Robert

I'm not sure how the road conditions are and I never put chains on tires. So, I'm trying to get advice on what to expect and how to drive. Since we get year round sunshine, we get a little spoiled down here in So Cali.

I live in Northern CA and have been to Tahoe numerous times with my last 2000 LX 470 and it does great. I even passed a GMC H2 because they were afraid to drive in the snow. We were up in Tahoe last Christmas when we had 6 feet of snow and never had any problems. The only mistake I made was when I got too overconfident and tried to cross a 3-4 foot mound of snow in the middle of the road and got high centered. I had to be towed off. Live and learn.

I live in Northern CA and have been to Tahoe numerous times with my last 2000 LX 470 and it does great. I even passed a GMC H2 because they were afraid to drive in the snow. We were up in Tahoe last Christmas when we had 6 feet of snow and never had any problems. The only mistake I made was when I got too overconfident and tried to cross a 3-4 foot mound of snow in the middle of the road and got high centered. I had to be towed off. Live and learn.

Yeah, as long as you don't become overconfident and think you can 0wn nature, youll be fine. Only if our cars had rear and front locking diffs.

-Robert

The LX470 does VERY WELL in snow & ice. I was traveling at night last weekend in a heavy snowstorm with ice on the roads on the way up to Snowshow West Virginia last ween and left on (Sunday alone after 6+ inches of snow) with heavy winds that had built up impressive snow drifts by the time I was ready to leave for the weekend. It had snowed for about three days straight while I was there. Last Sunday was the end of the Ski season at Snowshoe and we had GREAT Ski Runs and a 6.5 hour safe comfortable ride home in my LX470 :cheers: :D

We definately got lucky on the weather for end of the season Skiing.