Clunking Noise On Right Side When Downshifting

Guys,

94 ES300 with 70,000 miles. After the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd (about 10-20 mph) and I downshift back to first, I hear a clunking noise on the right side. It almost sounds like its at the front passenger wheel area. I can feel it so to speak coming from that area.

Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Engine mounts are original. CV boots were redone about 5,000 miles ago. Is there a transmission mount? Thanks guys!

If you don't know how to check this out yourself, take it in to get a professional diagnosis. There are a number of potential causes for this, including, but not limited to, the transmission, front suspension, or CV joint. Just because the CV boot was replaced does not preclude the possiblility of a bad CV joint. In fact, if the boot leaked until it dried out, the joint may have already suffered ir-reversible damage. Sorry I can't help more than that. :pirate:

I've at times noticed this sound too. (93 ES w/a rebuilt transmission, new front motor mount, new axles, new "dogbone" motor mount) Does it sound sorta like something is hitting the firewall right behind the glovebox? Cause that's what mine sounds like. There aren't any motor mounts where mine sounds like it's comin from, so I know it's not that...