97 Ls400 Lags/misfires When It Rains! Help

Hybrid-JD

i've had ths problem for a couple mo nths now. happened a couple times.

my engine seems to misfire of i call it LAGGING wheni gas.. feels like its not sucking in the gas properly or something.. i've brought it in to Lexus to get checked out and they've told me that its MISFIRING and it's probaly caused by a bad batch of gas.. i can't seem to figure out what it is.. becuase its' happenign again.. and it ONLY happens when it rains.. i think water is leaking into my gas tank or engine or something??

does anyone konw of this problem or konw where this leak might be??

my engine light has come on a couple times because of this.. but has been reset .

can somone please help me

thanks

Jimmy

not gas tank but some of your elecectronic parts are gettin wet. might be sensors in the hood compartment or your ECUs, dont reset the lights but the error code and then you will know what part is getting wet.

random misfire and misfire in cylinders 7 and 8, might be a lot of reasons, spark plugs, incorrect voltage from ECM, injectors and injector injection and fuel pressure. go to good mechanic in ur area, dont go to the dealer

I think the moist got inside your distributor when it's rain. This is happening when the seal around the distributor is old. If I were you, I would replace all the bad sparkplugs with all error codes that you reported earlier. If you have not replaced your sparkplug wires for more than 60 miles, then do so, get a brand new set. Also replace both distributor caps and rotors. Don't remove your distributor housing or loose it. That will cost you a big head ache.

Your car should run fine after replacing all these parts. Labor for these works will cost you $350.00 at dealer.

if moisture will get into distributor you will get a weak spark on all cylinders thug gettin low RPMs and engine might die at idle rpms. been there:)

• 3 weeks later...
if moisture will get into distributor you will get a weak spark on all cylinders thug gettin low RPMs and engine might die at idle rpms. been there:)

gonan get my distributor cap and rotor. and those wires changed tommrwo!!

hope this will fix the problem.. very common problem for Toyota's i heard..

Jimmy

• 2 years later...