Radio Has No Sound

theres power going thorugh the radio but i can't hear anything. what do you guys think it could be.

i know there a couple topics out there about this but i can't find them so i started another one..

most likely...a wire shorted and muted the speakers...you need to disconect the amp and plug it back in..that's what i did and it worked. if not there is another yellow connector to disconnect underneath the rear seat on the driver side...

generally caused by some liquid spilling...

before the radio went out completely, it would go out every now and then. so i disconnected the connector and when i disconnected it it cam back on. when i went to connect it it would go out. so i left it disconnected. can you please explain that one?

SMELL the RADIo and then Smell the Amp in the trunk if u smell something like burnt plastic then its fried if not. Then its just a lose wire or maybe a lose speaker wire grounding out.

Better test everything get a Metra plug adapter and connect a temporary aftermarket radioif it works then the source of the problem is the radio. G Luck

took out the cd changer and the amp. there was water in there. the amp was a little moist. i dryed it up and cleaned the connectors but still doesn't work. if the amp shorted out can an aftermarket amp be put in. if so how many watts and what would be the best amp for it?

i was in traffic today and i decided to turn on the radio after not doing so for a few days and it all of a sudden came on. i was daaaaaaaaaam.. :huh: so im thinking it could be a loose wire in the head unit. also when i would take a quick left turn it would go out and come back. what do you guys think?