93 Gs 300 Hesitates

My 93 GS 300 hesitates until it is fully warm. It is dangerous to merge into traffic.

This does not happen during the first start up of the day...only after it has stopped and partially cooled down.

One Lexus mechanic said that the "Air Flow Meter" might be the problem...so I bought a used AFM and had the same problem.

Thanks for the input.

i had a problem just like that with my es300 and it was just in need of a good tune up.also tyr a good fuel cleaning.if it still does it then it must be a sensor somewere faulting out.first try the tune up and fuel and see if it works.

My 93 GS 300 hesitates until it is fully warm.  It is dangerous to merge into traffic. 

This does not happen during the first start up of the day...only after it has stopped and partially cooled down.

One Lexus mechanic said that the "Air Flow Meter" might be the problem...so I bought a used AFM and had the same problem.

Thanks for the input.

:lol: It's tune up time! Repalce cap and rotor, plugs and wires. Should help a lot! Next, change the fuel filter, and use 91 octanne like the manual calls for. As bbsal pointed out drop in some fuel injector flush or take it to a shop for a flush. Replace and flush trans fluid. new filter. clean throttle bodies and do a water flush. Car will run like new :P Also check for loose or leaking vacuum lines as well. Check 02 sensors as well, they should have been replaced at 60 thousand miles. If not , repalce them.

Thanks for the advice.

I will change the cap, rotor, plugs and wires and do the other maint. procedures you both mention. I do and always have used 91 octane. I have cleaned the injectors.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

• 2 weeks later...