Audio For Rx300

arh

I am wanting to upgrade the audio system in our 99 RX300. What newer systems will plug and play that has navigation system and Sirrus ability.

Hi Alan and welcome.

There are dozens of products out there that are meant for upgrading old systems such as yours to current technology. In addition, there are companies that make wiring harnes's for almost any upgrade. Makes things much easier.

My suggestion is to start by checking out reviews and guides on what type of features and what companies offer the features you want in your new system.. Go to every Car audio shop you can find and ask a lot of questions. Find out how much they know, REALLY KNOW, about the Lexus audio product. For your year and model, your system was probably a Pioneer.

Remember, all of your components are 15 years old so don't be suprised if you run into some old-brittle parts and a unstable amp.

Letus know how you make out.

Paul

• 2 months later...

I am looking to upgrade the audio system in my 2000 RX. I found one (JVC) that might fit in the same spot that adds blue tooth and iPod connectivity. I'm scared that best buy will screw up my new to me lexus.