Tires For 1St Gen Ls400

prix

I get lost in all the data that comes up on a search. Apologies if this post covers old ground.

My '94 needs new tires, and a mechanic recommended the Falkins (sp?) for "bang for the buck". I'm reading reviews saying they wear fast, so no. What I have are Michelins MXV4+, which are v-rated. Costco doesnt' sell this same tire now. The two that come up as suitable are Micheline Primacy and one other (non Michelin). I went to Discount Tire and their price for the Primacy are considerbly less. $544 for four, v $700 at Costco. In another review, someone said the Bridgetone Serenity Plus were quieter than the Michelin Primacy.

I beleive you get what you pay for and am interested in quiet comfortable ride ride and good handling for Southern California weather. Those Primacy tires are "all season". We don't have any seasons in SoCal. It's summer every day here.

Any suggestions? Should I stick with the Michelins? Would be interested in hearing what others like for this particular year/model Lexus.

No, I have not. I think I went to another discount tire website though. I was going to stay with the same tire I have (Michelin) since they just would not wear out (I'm only replacing them beause the sidewalls are showing hairline cracks) -- they are old, old and still have tons of tread! I I am not sure if Michelin even makes these since they ddi not come up in a Google search. I know Consumer Reports also does tire reviews but that seems like overload to me. I tend to listen more to others' experiences, so tx for the suggestion. I'll have a look at tire rack.

Landar -- Took a look (customers are loving the Michelins Primacy MXV4) and am getting tire racks' $70 off for buying four. Thank you! It's far less than I thought I'd have to pay for new tires. $466 + tx.

Yes, those are very nice tires. We just bought a set and got the $70 rebate too. You do not have to buy off of TireRack. You can get them at a local shop in your area just by using the TireRack price for bargaining power. I do not know if you have a Discount tire in your area but they will match or beat TireRacks price and you still get the rebate.

Yes, those are very nice tires. We just bought a set and got the $70 rebate too. You do not have to buy off of TireRack. You can get them at a local shop in your area just by using the TireRack price for bargaining power. I do not know if you have a Discount tire in your area but they will match or beat TireRacks price and you still get the rebate.

Pretty sure I can find a Discount Tire to match the price. As long as I still get the rebate, that works. Thanks for the tip!

landar -- just found out the Michelin Primacy MXV4 comes in both H and V speed rating. which one did you get? the v rated cost more -- $179 per tire. i called Tire Rack and they said the H rated will work with my car (it's the lowest speed rating that is compatible with it), but they won't have them in stock until October. my earlier quote was for the H rated. the v rated are available now. worth the extra?

Update: Went with the H-rated. The specs on both tires are identical, with some saying the difference is in the stiffness of the sidewall. And that the V-rated would give a bit harsher ride. I'm not going to be speeding along at 149mph anytime soon, so the H works for me. Plus I think the ride will be a bit quieter, more confortable.