Lexus Specialized Auto Shops Around Dc Metro

Its time to do 60K miles servicing on my 1998 ES 300, Just wondering is there any local shops does that for fair price/ Dealer quoted $1138 for 60 K miles. I'm not real techie in automobile field to know what needs to be done and what not.

Please advise me. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Thats very high on an ES. Which dealership quoted you that?

SW03ES,

I got the wrong quote initially, and its $872 in chantilly and $600 in silverspring.

Any good local independent service centers where I can go for tune-up and fluid flushes etc. I mean referrals who serviced their vehicles and got good work done.

I appreciate any responses for DC Metro shops(around capital beltway). I have lost trust and faith ind ealers as dealers also stop using Lexus/Toyota Parts&Fluids. If I get it done in local independent shops at least I can make sure I will service vehicle with OEM parts.

Thanks

Don't ever set foot in Pohanka Lexus again, one of the worst Lexus dealers in the country. Bunch of unprofessional crooks.

Silver Spring is a good dealership, thats where I have mine serviced. $600 isn't bad at all for the 60k.

I would still use specified Toyota parts and fluid though just because they seem to be the best. The Toyota oil filters are the thickest and best out there, and Lexus specifies Toyota tranny fluid MUST be used or it will void the transmission warranty.

Silverspring Used castrol oil for my oil chage and filter part# ends with YZDD1. How can I trust these guys and what they use. Manufactuers always say we don't have control over dealers if something goes wrong.

If lexus/toyota don't use manufacturer specified parts who the hell follow recommended parts/fluids by manufacutrer ?

Got another estimation for 60 K service from local shop for $900 which includes flush N fill service of all the fluids with tune-up. Just wondering isn't it good idea to buy parts from local toyota/lexus shop and get the tune-up done outside...

Got the clear invoice with part#s and cost for the parts where it shows the kinda oil and filter they used for my ES.

I'm right now @ 55K (last major tune-up was @ 35K) and concerned about my ATF fluid burning smell and hesitation for transmission switch @ lower gears. Dealer service Manager says Okay ( Called in today) to drive for 5K and will do 60K tune-up which takes care of everything.

Not sure to go with what dealer says or try draining and refill ATF before I go for 60K tune-up.

Generally a "tune up" means they're replacing the spark plugs, sorry for the mixup.

According to my last invoice from Lexus of Silver Spring the oil filter part number is 90915-YZZD1, that is the part number for the genuine Toyota filter. As for the oil I don't know as I bring my own synthetic oil.

Check the fluid level, what color is it and what is it's consistency?

Who are you dealing with at Silver Spring?

Generally a "tune up" means they're replacing the spark plugs, sorry for the mixup.

According to my last invoice from Lexus of Silver Spring the oil filter part number is 90915-YZZD1, that is the part number for the genuine Toyota filter. As for the oil I don't know as I bring my own synthetic oil.

Check the fluid level, what color is it and what is it's consistency?

Who are you dealing with at Silver Spring?

Color of oil is yellowish on the tissue (dark) and has burnt smell, I talk to yesterday Bob(I guess) and other day Peter (Service Manager).

The tranny fluid should be red, not yellowish. Oil is yellowish. I think you should have them do a transmission flush immediately, even if thats all the do right now, its possible whoever did the last tranny flush used the wrong fluid (more common than you'd think).

Which Peter did you talk to? Peter Voleske does my service and he's great.

Out of the two regional stealerships, Silver Springs is by far the BEST in the area

And they're by far the CHEAPEST, and have the newest cleanest and most diverse loaner fleet. So the other dealerships charge more and give you subpar service...

I did have a bad buying experience at Silver Spring though, guy ordered the wrong car for me.

SW0ES,

Let me put it this way, when I initially see clean the dip stick with tissue it shows somewhat yellowish and after a while it turns little reddish color. Does that make sense ? Or really someone used wrong transmission fluid. As for as I know the car has not been filled with/serviced @ different location than where the car has been crought other than regular/routine oil changes. Hopefully lexus dealers who sold the car will not use wrong fluid when its serviced for 35 K miles maintenance. What do you say... May be my half knowledge in describing the color of liquid. I will once again check tomorrow.... and probably get checked from silverspring dealer on my way to work on Mon/Tue.

Oh Man! I don't know how each dealership do the service, the prices variation is too much. Cant imagine its 2times the other.

Silverspring: $600

Chantily: $872

Rockville: $1250

Not sure who does what, but couple of em trying to rip off... Crazy.