Installation Of Amateur Radio Into 2000 Lx470

I am trying to install a Kenwood D700A amateur radio into my 2000 LX470 and am thinking of placing the base of the unit in the rear right where a little shelf resides next to the 3rd passenger seat. Is there any wiring guides for the car available? Can I hook up power near the rear of the car, or do I have to run the wire all the way to the front of the car to the battery? I would like to do the installation without having to cut any holes, but some may be necessary to hide the wires. I am thinking of taping the antenna wire inside the jam of the rear passenger door. Any other suggestions that any one might have? The only solution for the control head I can think of is to velcro the plate to the top of the dash so as to not cut any holes there. Is there any "holes" in the firewall I can snake wires through?

Zeff Wheelock

• 1 month later...

Well, I wired the amateur radio into the back. I was able to take off the passenger side wall in the third row area and cut a hole in the little storage area so the radio can fit a little more snuggly inside. I ran the wire down the side of the door(which the well covers up), along the bottom of the step which other wires are also being fed all the way up to the front seat. I decided to plug it into the cigarette lighter for power. Is there any access at all to the engine from the passenger compartment in the 2000 LX 470? Is there access behind the radio?

Zeff Wheelock