1999 Ls 400 Beeping

Kbice

My 1999 LS 400 has started making very loud beeping noise, usually it happens when I go into a long curve on the Highway. Lately it does it even when driving on a straight line. Any help would be appreciated.

Could be something as simple as being low on a fluid especially with the centrifugal force pushing them to one side on curves. Have you checked your levels such as brake and wiper fluids?

Look under the dash and under the steering column. On the hush panel near the foot well light you'll see a button.

Pushing the button turns off the "beep" that sounds when you lock/unlock the doors with the remote. Push the button in and road test for a few days. See if the beeping stops. It might help in finding the source of the beeping (process of elimination).

Push the button again to turn the lock/unlock beep back on.

I've found the source of the beeping. Its the VSC button, when the beeping starts if I hit the VSC button it stops. Now I just need to figure out why it stars beeping to begin with.

I've found the source of the beeping. Its the VSC button, when the beeping starts if I hit the VSC button it stops. Now I just need to figure out why it stars beeping to begin with.

Is the CEL, VSC or other warnings illuminated on intrument panel?

Lots of things are tied into the VSC system; brakes, ABS, engine throttle, VVT-i......

I didn't read the entire VSC section in the FSM, but one of the simple things to check is for low brake fluid level as was preciously mentioned. This seems reasonable since your problem first started when there was side "G" loads such as high speed turns.

Based on a quick general web search, some have indicted a dirty or bad oil control valve as the cause. This valve is part of the VVT-i system. But in these cases, the CEL and VSC warnings accompanied the warning sound.