Story Of The Dumb Tailgater

GSsoldier

it happened yesterday during 3oclock traffic....

driving in the fast lane on an average speed of 75 with the LS, it felt like heaven, so smooth that driving the LS without music, or the windows open will induce sleep...

well as i drive the family home from a day of school and work, a HUGE F-1 million... or what ever they are called pull hard and manages to cut off the guy behind me to get into the fast lane, me being going on an average speed of 75 didnt worry about tail gating, not yet anyways, after a few mins i see only the trucks grill in my rearview mirror, and being where i live the fast lane is a car pool lane i speed up to see if there was anyone in the car besides the driver, there was no one, so i speed up a little bit and averaged out my speed agian as the truck went from huge to hotwheels size in my rearview mirror, after going a couple more miles, there is that grill in my mirror...

i was being patience before but this guy in the truck started to *BLEEP* me off, so i slowed down when there were people in the other lanes next to me, this guy seeing me going slow cuts off the guy on the right hand lane and attempts to cut me off.... as i said attempts for as he switched lanes i floored it and i didnt see him agian....

or so i thought maybe like 10 mins later there he is again, his grill all up in my rearview mirror and being that my exit was comming up within a few miles i finally just said forget it and switched to a different lane and saw this guy speed past me doing maybe 90 ish...

well what did i see as i got up my exit ramp?? i see that truck pulled over... with a police officer parked right behind him.... proably getting a ticket for being in a carpool lane with out 2 or more people in the car... and for speeding.... seeing this makes my day... now if only i was taking a hottie as a passenge instead of my sleeping family in the car, that would have been perfect hahahah

-joe

beauty of the lexus isnt just skin deep....

i used to do crazy stuff too until i got 9 points on my license and insurance being increased to 7000$. it cooled me down... a lot!!!! now i even fasten my seatbelt everytime i drive. i guess they have they ways to make you obey!

When the state thinks that it is time for you to have a driving license, it provides you with a privilege. At this point you are aware of what you do and have the ability to judge what is right and wrong. Seat belt, it will only effects the person who decides not to wear it. My point, you have the ability to judge what is right and wrong. Now, a police officer pulling you over for not wearing your seatbelt is very similarly, an adult telling and another adult [since you have the privilege to drive] what to do, and what is best for them. This is a smack on and the person’s face, by telling him/her what is right for them, like they don’t have the knowledge or the ability to decide for themselves. (Getting pulled over because the passengers or kids are not wearing seatbelt is a whole different story).

Any comments?

Just something I thought I should share with others, that a Professor, Masters in Biology shared with me.

As for as tailgating story is concerned. I remember watching a show on TV [about 6-7 years ago], that illustrated how some truck drivers get money from the insurance by manipulate the poor car drivers into an accident. [What they showed was that one of the truck goes in the front of the car and the other in the back; then the front one slowes down dramatically causing the car to rear end it and the truck in the back rear ends the car, creating a sandwich.]

this used to be a common businnes here in brooklyn to get $$ from insurance companies, now FBI is investigating lots of people and a lot of themare in the jail and insurance here is sky high.

Great Story GS

For soem reason people with big ole pickups feel that they have carte blanche to tailgate. Often the same with the huge SUV's. It must have been enjoyable sseing the dude get pulled.

In my nieghborhood is a long straight road where the speed limit is 25mph (residential). A few years ago, I went up to pick my daughter up at gymnastics practice and I see a VB cop hiding out in the church parking lot shooting radar at cars coming the other way. Now people speed on this road all the time, and they get *BLEEP*ed if they are behind you and you don't speed. So I pick up my daughter at the gym and head back the same way. Since I knew the cop was there I was watching my speed carefully since I know people that have been bagged for 32. Right away some dipweed is on my tail. I slowed down even more which made his car swerve back and forth in anticipation. Then I did the coutous thing, I pulled over to let him pass. Well he must have been hot, because he got right on it. As he disappeared down the road, I resumed my creeping slow pace and there was the cop with him pulled over.

I gave a little courtesy toot and wave as I passed while LMAO.

As far a seatbelt go, I always wear them since my borther and father each got killed in sperate car accidents and neither was wearing one. I strongly disagree with primary seat belt laws, as all they do is give the cops a reason to pull someone over.

i dont know what the selt belt laws are around the US, but whrere im from (sacramento, Ca) u get mad fines for not having seltbelts on, and additional passengers who arent wearing seltbelts....

i think i have devised a perfect strategy to get others in your car to automaticly wear seltbelts, drive a constant speed for a while, and suddenly push the brakes hard enough for peopel to jerk forward a lil bit, and then go back to the constant speed agian, and then repeat process until they put on their seltbelts everytime they get into the car....

also its nice to note that percentage of people wearing setlbelts have increase i guess the goverments propaganda on wearing seltbelts worked haha

I pulled over to let him pass. Well he must have been hot, because he got right on it. As he disappeared down the road, I resumed my creeping slow pace and there was the cop with him pulled over.

I gave a little courtesy toot and wave as I passed while LMAO.

that is the best when u see someone getting pulled over for not having common sense to slow down when other slow around them, to give them a lil honk and a wave is just soo great hahah, something like that would just make my day

Yeah, it certainly me up. I never hit the brakes for tailgaters as I consider it antiagonistic and there are many crzy people out there. Me being *BLEEP*ed about someone tailgating isn't worth me getting shot.

Besides, setting them up for a ticket was MUCH more pleasurable. I do have a little mean streak.

Denny

Automatic bleeping! I am :censored: impressed. Sorry for the bad language, I wasn't thinking and you saved me. I especially liked the time I was bleeped when describing a certain type of metal file I was describing.