New To Lexus. Need Info On 92 Sc300

Sari

Hi everyone,

I'm not really familiar with these cars, however I've always liked them and I'm noticing them comming down in price. I'm thinking of looking at one in my area with 160k miles. What are some things to look for on these cars? If I were to buy one with higher miles how long should I expect it to last? I drive about 70+ miles per day and do the vast majority of work on every car I've had. ANY information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't buy a Michigan car with that many miles. It's bound to be rusted to heck, like every NE car I've seen. Buy one from somewhere that doesn't use salt to melt snow like TX, FL, or AZ. That's what I did. I found a two-owner car with 62k and all maintenance records for $8500 in TX and drove back to WA. It was more than worth it. I'd pay $4k for a "perfect" 160k car, but no more.

Good advice from Mikee 72. If no rust problems, ask for service records. Especially major ones such a Timing belt and water pump replacements. You didn't mention whether it's a stick shift or auto. At that many miles, I'd have a mechanic do a diagnostic check and make sure he checked the compression. Should have him take a look at the transmission, rear end, and brakes as well. In other words have it pretty well gone through.

If the rig has been relatively well maintained, the milage shouldn't be too scarry. I know or a couple with one that has 230,000 and still going strong. Good luck.

I have a 1995 SC400 with 147,000. Everything that possibly could be fixed or replaced was at 93,000 miles. Has been garaged and kept in prestine condition. It's Black with Black Interior. Excellent paint and interior. I'm only wanting $9000 obo. I'll negotiate if your interested. 972-979-1584