Es300 A "chick Car"?

ericmb

I completely disagree LOL.

Yes black looks great, but I will never own a black car because of the upkeep. Black shows EVERYTHING, every nick and scratch and every speck of dust. My dad had a black Cadillac about 10 years ago that I took care of for him, never again. My car is bad enough, but the metallic hides a lot of the miniscule stuff the black does not.

I agree with "once you go dark you don't go back" but I'll never buy a black car. Black interiors yes, I love em!

Especially not a black Lexus because it doesn't have a clearcoat. :blink:

You're right about a dark car. I have the blue onyx pearl. I can't believe all of the scratches and dings that show up. Not to mention that it's nearly impossible to get all of the water spots off when drying it after a wash. I had the choice of the light gray or beige interior. I took the gray (for a change - my other ES had a beige interior). I did drive a loaner ES with a black interior. I loved it. I'd get black inside next time.

You got grey with blue? Lucky you! That combination is VERY rare! 90% of the blues come with tan. That was the REAL deal breaker for me on the blue and that light green (which I LOVE) was the tan interior. I hate tan interiors. I probably would have gotten the green if there were any in the country w/ tan interiors because it looked good and would have been easy to maintain. Oh well, I love the garnet and its worth the trouble...I suppose.

I can help you keep the blue nice, check out our detailing forum. Toyota paint is pretty soft which means it scratces easy, but scratches are easily removed ;)

co'mon steve yes black does show alot of dirt but it sure looks the best of any color!!its worth the upkeep! :D

bbsal, I agree with you about black looking great when it's nice and clean. I've owned 2 black ES300s (including my current '01), and my passion for that deep rich color never fails on me ;)

Hey bbsal, I see that you're on the list for the NE Lexus meet on the 25th this month. Hope to see your black/black ES at the meet (as that will bring me back memories of my '96 Coach Edition!) :D

yep i will be there with the es!i am going to do a complete detail a day or 2 before the meet this way it looks nice!

steve i agree black wouldnt be good for you because you would be going crazy cleaning it everyday!i can tell by just the way you are with the color you have now so i could imagine black!lol :D