Map Reader Damages Dvd

Stevec57

New owner here. This forum is full of great info for new guys!

Just bought an '02 LS430. Low mileage, one owner.....love the car. Still had the original nav disc so I bought the newest one from local dealership. "I" scratched it while trying to install it. Bought another one and installed this morning (very careful as not to scratch it) and got the "cannot read disc" thing. Went back to dealer to have them check it out and they pulled out the disc. It was scratched in a circular motion. Obviously the reader did it. BUT, the original disc goes in, no scratches and works great. What's up? Do I need to replace the reader? Already spent almost 400.00 and still no updated navigation......frustrating. Haven't tried disconnecting power. Will try a cleaning disc. Any suggestions?

Well, kept working and polishing the disc. Didn't have anything to lose.......finally got enough of the scratches out of it to start working. Also ran a disc cleaner in the reader, not sure which had the most affect between getting out scratch or cleaning the reader. At any rate, it works for the time being.

Well, it is working but it sucks! A few more roads on it, but it is unreal how many still don't show up. I'm talking about roads that are 10 years old. Why aren't they there? There is one road here that the name was changed years ago. It still has it in as the old name. Seems a complete waste of money. Thought I was buying a decent update. (Yes, correct DVD) Lexus should be ashamed. It is a total embarrassment when someone gets in my car and I have to pull out the Garmin.......