Need Help With Sagging Lx 470

BethanyBeach

I own a 2001 LX470 which I purchased in August with just over 20k miles on it. The truck now has 33k miles, and I have begun noticing a pronounced sag in the overall truck toward the drivers side. I first noticed the sag in January, and took the truck to the dealer, but was told the then 1/4-inch difference (measured at the fenders) between the drivers and passengers side was "normal" and that nothing could be done. I was told that perhaps the previous owner was a "large" individual who rode alone, but feel this was just an excuse for not wanting to address the situation. I was also told that the truck has an air suspension, and that no adjustments were possible.

Since January, the sagging appears to have become worse, and now measures 1/2-inch. Obviously, I am now heading back to the dealer for another look, but wanted to know if anybody else has experienced a similar problem.

Help. I love the truck, but can not live with the sag.

I've never heard of such a pronounced sag. If the suspension is covered under any sort of warranty, I'd demand replacement -- if they are covered and one dealership won't do it, I'd find one that will.

If it's not covered, I'd suggest paying for new springs and shocks. At under 35k miles, it seems as though it's a bit early, but that should take care of the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
I own a 2001 LX470 which I purchased in August with just over 20k miles on it. The truck now has 33k miles, and I have begun noticing a pronounced sag in the overall truck toward the drivers side. I first noticed the sag in January, and took the truck to the dealer, but was told the then 1/4-inch difference (measured at the fenders) between the drivers and passengers side was "normal" and that nothing could be done. I was told that perhaps the previous owner was a "large" individual who rode alone, but feel this was just an excuse for not wanting to address the situation. I was also told that the truck has an air suspension, and that no adjustments were possible.

Since January, the sagging appears to have become worse, and now measures 1/2-inch. Obviously, I am now heading back to the dealer for another look, but wanted to know if anybody else has experienced a similar problem.

Help. I love the truck, but can not live with the sag.

AIR suspension

Who told you THAT

Whats the big container under the hood thats full of Hydraulic Suspension fluid for.

When you check, make sure you are out of the LX and raise and lower the suspension before you measure. The self levelling takes a time to sort itself out, also if you turn the engine off and then get out of the LX the suspension settles and rises.

• 4 years later...

wow... i've just noticed my LX had the same problem an hour ago and thats why i'm here, and its actually on the first few posts!

i have a 2000 LX470, i actually noticed it a couple days ago, first i thought it was just the ground with an un even pavement, until an hour ago i was in an area which probably had the most equal surface through out the whole city, than i measured the driver's side is probably 1/2 inch lower.

i've also noticed my air suspension fluid is starting to go below level, does this affects what had happend?

Thanks in advance!

Out of curiousity, are we sure this is actually a problem?

I have 2007 LX470 and it does this too. So does my 07 Audi A4 as well as my my mother's 08 SLK350 and my sister's 04 camry.

None of the cars ride rough or out of sync. It tracks straight and aligns well.

Please keep updates posted as I'm very intested in why this is so.

If this is a problem we have a lot of cars that are in trouble haha.

-Dave

Out of curiousity, are we sure this is actually a problem?

I have 2007 LX470 and it does this too. So does my 07 Audi A4 as well as my my mother's 08 SLK350 and my sister's 04 camry.

None of the cars ride rough or out of sync. It tracks straight and aligns well.

Please keep updates posted as I'm very intested in why this is so.

If this is a problem we have a lot of cars that are in trouble haha.

-Dave

No car that I, my mom or my dad has ever owned leaned before to where it is noticeable. (Except my LX470.) So maybe all cars are not exactly even at all 4 corners but should it be so off that it would be noticeable when you are not really paying attention? And though I agree that is may not really be a problem but just an annoyance. ;)