[Nj Local Shop] Melting Door Panel And Dashboard

I know there are lots of IS driver who experience the same problem and don't understand why Lexus not recall for this.

I have 06 IS250, RWD, 140k, with front dashboard melting, and front/rear door panel melting.

I am trying to find one of the interior tuning shop who can work upholstery job on these part, want to cover these part up with carbon film or other good type of material.

Do you know any good local shop that can work on this?

I am living in Fort Lee, NJ.

• 9 months later...

By now you should have received a notice in the mail from Lexus regarding the warranty enhancement for this issue. If not, talk to service advisor at Lexus dealership, they can enter your VIN and see if you are covered.

• Like 1

^ Yes, I did receive the letter in the mail directly from Lexus a few months ago. Therefore my 2007 IS350 is in the range of cars that had this problem, even if I have not experienced it.

Many months ago initial letter went out and they were filling pipeline with parts, sb getting stocked by late spring according to article I read.

If I remember correctly, they only plan to replace parts on cars with parts showing the problem. My car will go in this summer for annual Mobil 1 oil change and fuel line recall, I'm not expecting them to do anything else (other than check my 8 year old battery).

I did receive the same letter, and they said they will mail me another letter that parts are ready.

I received the letter in January, 2015 and have not received the 2nd letter yet. So I don't take it to the dealer yet.

I may check it next week.

Please let us know what they say, it was supposed to be a 2 phase process due to parts availability.

Some people already paid to have this repair done, the are supposed to get reimbursement.

^ If your car is covered, it will be FREE, you will pay nothing.

I mentioned other people paid (before Lexus announced the warranty enhancement), they will be reimbursed if they saved receipt.