New A/c Smells Bad

Zdeno

Like everybody knows :D I have new A/C. Want to ask about bad smell from vent when I turn on the A/C. It´smell like a .... nothing compare to

And other question is - Is normal that the rear window gets foggy a lot ??

it smells like you got a LEAK!!!!

go back ot the store and give em hell!!!!

they should put special freon with die into the system and then after you use it for a day, leaks will be visible with blacklight.

If you have a "wet dog" smell pull out the air filter to see if it improves. Also try keeping the A/C vent control on the fresh air recirculate to keep mostier from building in the system. The A/C system itself is a closed circuit system and cannot become contaminated. If leeking will only lose freon but is a high pressure source not allowing contamintes to come in. :cheers:

can you please use regular fonts and colors? the colors and font size that you use are innapropriate and just get out of a regular club style.

thank you for understanding.

Once I realized my 1994 had a cabin filter, I changed it and my musty smell issue went away. The filter was "caked" with crud...a good $50 investment and easy to change (thanks to instructions from members of this site)

• 4 weeks later...