Never Ending!

I just got back from Panama City, Flordia for spring break, it was beyond awesome, but now since I am running a little over 350 at the wheels, my tranny is slipping- bad. I have to get a built tranny and torque converter now that can handle around 800 hp. I have an automatic and was thinking of getting a 6-speed conversion or 5-speed conversion, but after spending $10,000 on what I have so far not including the price of the car, getting the conversion is looking like it is out of the picture for now, until I get more money. This stuff just seems to be never ending!!!

I've always liked Panama City. I can't help thinking it would have been better to go there than Dayotona Beach. You just got back? So I take it you didn't show for Tuner Bash over there? That was three days before the Daytona event. Of course, if I went there, I would not have had the opportunity to meet the people I did meet whom were very cool.

What set-up are you running? We seem to be fairly equal in power. Your auto tranny is giving out on you eh? Details man. I agree it is very addictive and very expesnive. If you go manual, you may as well do the six speed or you could try to get your hands on a R154 maybe from a mkii turbo 5 speed. If you want a manual tranny. For auto, I'd consider a th400 or 300 and a overdrive unit if you want to drive it long distances.

What do you mean set-up? Well as of detalis on the tranny, it shifts hard when going from first to second when light on the gas, and when I am stomping on the gas it rev limits in first and won't shift into second unless I take my foot off the gas. All the other gears are becoming the same also. Well, I have a waranty on my car and should cover the tranny, so I would end up spending around $300 for the built tranny and torque converter. The tranny is being sent to boost logic to this guy named keen in houston and he doing it for me. Why would you consider using a th400 or 300 auto tranny? Like I said, I will probably wait for the 6-speed, which I dearly want, b/c the cost for everything including tuning would be around $4,000-$5,000 I am guessing.

Never mind, I didn't look at your sig. I meant how is your car set-up to run 350. I see now. If you carry to much boost in first you car won't shift like you said. You run the risk of popping your motor. I might suggest some sort of rpm and gear dependant boost controller.

Kean does good work I hear. You can bolt a th400 transmission in the car with some adapter plates and modifications. It is the GM 3 speed. Very strong and cheaper if it breaks. Popular on the drag strip. Check supra forums or ask Kean about it. But it's expensive too.

Sorry to tell you this but if your warranty is through lexus, it is void now. I'm surprised they didn't tell you that before you did all that work. Best of luck. Y

What year is your car? How is the e-manage set up on yours? I thought the e-man could handle auxillary injectors but I see you have an additional injector controller as well as the e-man. Why? Does the 3 bar map completely replace the MAS? Looks real good man. I didn't mention it before but a supra TT automatic tranny with some reworked valve bodies should be able to handle your load nicely I think. Ask Kean though.

My car is a 1997. What do you mean how is the e-manage set up? Yes, the e-manage, does control the aux. injectors and I now have no use for the add. inject. cont.<-- good thinking. I believe the 3 bar map does completly replace the MAS, but the e-manage, I believe, can replace both also if I wanted. I will ask kean about the supra tt tranny, thanks, for the compliment.

Hey PCB, eh. I'm headin down there the second week of April, and takin my pimped out SC300. Oh yeah! I heard there's going to be a huge car show down there the second weak of April, like a Hot Import Nights during the day. Anybody else heard about this? Anybody else headin down there that week? We could meet up.

Yea. Spring Break Nationals I was going to go but decided not to. I know they are doing it in Daytona. They might be doing it at the PCB too. They Tuner Bash there this year and there are always hot cars cruisin' the inlet there. I miss that place actually. I'm definitely going down there for Tuner Bash next year. Screw Daytona.

E-manage can't replace both the map and the maf, it has to have an air sorce signal to work with. Thats the problem I have running on my car right now, (Impreza) they are notorious for blowing MAF sensors, specially under boost, and we don't have a way to convert to a map sensor (Short of a HKS VPC), and just have to upgrade to an aftermarket MAF

I think the 3 bar map on his car is the air metering unit for the e-manage. I was just curious about the success with the eman on the na-t. I know it has been a problem with vvti motors. Pre vvti must not be a problem. Have you had any trouble with it, on chrome?