Console Problems

Hi Robert,

Usually most members are "diy" types, but as for me I'm not very good that way.

There is probably only one way to repair your problem and that is by taking the console apart. I'm placing a link to Toyota's official Technical website that has technical info on all Lexus, Toyota, and Scion products. You can find a blow up diagram of assemblies such as your console. There is a fee of $15 for 48 hours of usage. Believe me, you can learn alot in two days.

Let us know how it goes!

Paul

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ti_home_page&SMENC=ISO-8859-1&SMLOCALE=US-EN&SMAUTHREASON=0&SMAGENTNAME=%24SM%24mT%252bGLraBu9CwUVnZg4mEDzB2kysT90hgbwsWgdZzNOc%253d&TARGET=%24SM%24https%3A%2F%2Ftechinfo.toyota.com%2F

Thanks for the reply Paul. I found a video on u-tube that showed me how to do it. The piece around the shifter pulls straight up, just push pins hold it in place. The piece where the switch goes works the same way, pulls straight out, just do it carefully. Hope someone else can use this info. Thanks again

• 2 months later...

Yes this is a easy DIY project. First I like to park on a level surface and apply the e-Brake. Put the key in the ignition switch and turn key all the way but don't start the RX. 2) Pull up on the woodgrain trim that is around the gear shift lever, it just has clips. The panel will come off easily just take your time. 3) Put gear shift in Neutral and remove gear shift trim. 4) With a pick or plastic panel popper carefully pull on the woodgrain trim (from left to right) that has the cigarette lighter and the headlight wiper switch. It just hs clips No screws. Do this a few times and you'll be a pro soon. Good luck.