Leather Seats

jppeel

My 15 year old son and I are working on a 92 Es300 for him to drive, and the interior color code is LA95 off of the drivers door. That is what Lexus calls taupe which I always thought was more brown in color. But the seats look more like a cross between Medium Taupe and Mauve. I want to order some leather dye and refinish the seats but everything I look at on different web sites doesn't seem to look any thing like the color in the car. Any help on clearing this up?

My 15 year old son and I are working on a 92 Es300 for him to drive, and the interior color code is LA95 off of the drivers door. That is what Lexus calls taupe which I always thought was more brown in color. But the seats look more like a cross between Medium Taupe and Mauve. I want to order some leather dye and refinish the seats but everything I look at on different web sites doesn't seem to look any thing like the color in the car. Any help on clearing this up?

I have the same seat color (is your exterior "Amethyst"?). It's hard to find a matching dye due to the slight tint of purple in the coloring. I would recommend going to an upholstery shop and having them mix a batch of dye to match.

There's a company called Leatherique (Leatherique.com) that can custom tint dyes if you provide them with a small piece of your leather (there's usually a little extra that could be taken from behind the rear backrest).