Happy Retirees Drive A Lexus!

landar

In a recent Yahoo article on what makes retirees happy, driving a Lexus was one of them.

"The unhappiest were more likely to drive a BMW, while happy retirees preferred Lexus. Moss
calculated that over five years, owning a Lexus cost 16% less than a BMW. "

Complete article -> http://finance.yahoo.com/news/7-ways-to-retire-happy-192156194.html

Why is this not surprising?!

Not surprising. Lexus and Mercedes (in that order) is what I would expect for retirees choice of premium car.

btw - Interesting article, thanks.

I know of one in particular. :-)

I have had so much fun riding to Tunica and back with my top down that I have had to start wearing long sleeves and a hat. I was getting way too much sun.

Teeheehee

What about C3PO and you get 3 Lexus or Lexi. It could be a Jedi Lexi. OK, that is a tad too silly.

One of my favorite jokes is, you know you are a redneck Jedi when you say "Luke, I am your father......and your uncle"

Yes, Certified Pre-Owned. Huge business for major automakers/dealerships. Factory-backed warranties are included, giving buyers many of the advantages of buying new without having to eat the biggest depreciation hit in first 18 months or so.

Here's a copy of an older Lexus CPO certification checklist, fyi. Along with the inspection/certification, certain requirements related to age, mileage, serious accidents disqualify many used cars from being certified.

CPO-Lexus_161_Checklist.pdf

Don't bet on it. When I was buying shopping mine, I was negotiating for a CPO and they wouldn't even fix the headlights full of moisture.. Lot of that stuff is fluff.

My view us the "newness" wears off quickly.

The challenge to me is keeping the car "nearly new" for many years, while still enjoying the (weekend mostly) car.