Service Intervals

bitsbucket

I just want a list of what is done at the service intervals so I can do it myself. I talked to a service advisor at a Lexus dealership yesterday and he said that the Tranny was NOT power flushed (just a drain and fill) also the brake fluid was just drained and filled (nothing done to the fluid in the lines, just drain the resevoiur and refill) This service was $511.00 That is allot condisering that NOTHING more is done than drain and fills.....

Also I'm looking for a woodgrain sterring wheel and a woodgrain dash, this is in addition to the wood already installed, at the factory. Anybody have experience with the woodgrain addon kits available on eBay? Also the steering wheel seems it would be something better left to the dealer as it has an airbag, I DO NOT wnat this thing to go off in my face!

TIA

John

• 2 weeks later...

My experience with wood kits is there is a ton of them out there. All are fairly easy to install yourself with a little mechanical ability, as far as a wood steering wheel goes definatly have a pro take off your wheel if you are going for a totally new factory style woodgrain and leather wheel. There is alot of aftermarket companies that offer laminates to "snap on" over factory wheels ut most look cheap! Beware of the quality of the product. On the wood kits they are pretty good these days about matching existing wood in car but ask what they will do for you if you have a warranty issue with a part on your car and have to replace a part on your car that a piece of there kit covers. Some of them will gladly send new one other companies balk at the idea.(have experience beind a RX owner myself on top of a parts manager at a dealership in the western area) Check there policy and follow instructions to the "T" and it will look good, but pass if you can on the steering wheel Lexus wants an arm and leg for theres and aftermarket laminates look awful installed on wheel. Hope this helps you on your quest

I just want a list of what is done at the service intervals so I can do it myself. I talked to a service advisor at a Lexus dealership yesterday and he said that the Tranny was NOT power flushed (just a drain and fill) also the brake fluid was just drained and filled (nothing done to the fluid in the lines, just drain the resevoiur and refill) This service was $511.00 That is allot condisering that NOTHING more is done than drain and fills.....

Also I'm looking for a woodgrain sterring wheel and a woodgrain dash, this is in addition to the wood already installed, at the factory. Anybody have experience with the woodgrain addon kits available on eBay? Also the steering wheel seems it would be something better left to the dealer as it has an airbag, I DO NOT wnat this thing to go off in my face!

TIA

John

http://www.lexus-parts.com/

Visit the site above and you can obtain a factory manual.

http://www.lexus.com.sa/i/i01_03_05.html

The above link show in a limited detail standard sreveice. The below is a direct cut/paste from the above link. Hope this helps. :cheers:

Lexus Service Benefit and Appointment schedule

You can benefit of our free check up service to your car once completed its first 1000 km,5000 km and 10000 Km.

(Oil and filter charge is not included in this free service).

When do I need to service my Lexus car?

Your car should be serviced a regular service by every 5000 Km. A major type one service is needed for every 20,000 Km, i.e. 20,000 Km, 40,000 Km, 60,000 Km, 80,000 Km and 100,000 Km. Another major type two Lexus service is for the first 40,000 Km and next 80,000 Km, etc.

What is performed at each of these services?

There are many various maintenance tasks related to the overall engine performance of your Lexus, and those which have a direct bearing on your car safety. For more detailed information on this tasks, please contact our Lexus service advisors at Lexus Centers.

How should I arrange to enter my car into the Lexus workshop?

Feel free to contact our service reservation help disk to fix an appointment for your car service; all what we need from you is to inform us about: Your Full name, car model name and plate identification number; in addition to what type of service you are going to do for your car. In return, our help disk coordinator after registering your information into our reservation system, will provide you with a time schedule to choose your preferable time. Once your choice is been completed and received by our coordinator, the system can check if your selected appointment does not conflict with other earlier appointments.