Does Vsc Need To Be Reset After Replacing Ignition Coils

An independent repair shop replaced all 6 ignition coils and spark plugs in my 2007 Rx 350 (80K). The ride is very different from before replacement. It feels like there is no VSC and there is substantial loss of control. Ride is very hard and bumpy. I an wondering whether something happened to the VSC. Is there a need to get the VSC reprogrammed. I would like if you can give me any suggestions. Thanks.

TomTU

The Coil Packs and Plugs have nothing to do with the VSC...Try resetting the ECU...Disconnect the neg. battery terminal for a few minutes, Clean the terminal very well and and reconnect. Let us know the results please.

Over the last few years, I have replaced a couple of ignition coils in my 2007 RX350 and there was never a need to reset the OBD. All the warning/diagnostic lights reverted to normal after a few miles of driving.

• 8 months later...

Can someone advise on how to replace the coils. I understand from lexus it is a 4 hour job. I have done thes before and they were quite easy. Why 4 hours?

I purchased ignition coil on Amazon for around $50 and replaced one (#4 at front center) in less than 5 minutes. The check engine and vsc trac lights went off after a short time. I am grateful for this forum.

Can someone advise on how to replace the coils. I understand from lexus it is a 4 hour job. I have done thes before and they were quite easy. Why 4 hours?

These are billing hours (that which you are charged), not actual work hours which can be greater or, more often I believe, lesser. The dealer will say this system creates fairness for both parties, but I believe the estimates greatly favor the dealer. As far as I know, all dealers use this flat rate system.