2006 Gx470 - Brakes Not Stopping Evenly

Newbyguy

Hi everyone,

Recently my wife was complaining that her brakes were acting badly. I took her truck for a spin and I did sense some steering wheel shudder when braking, so I replaced the front rotors. The pads were still in good shape from not long ago when the previous set of front rotors had been turned and I replaced the pads at that time. Anyway, after replacing the rotors and making sure there was no glazing on the pads the truck brakes much better but it is still a bit touchy in the fact that the brakes do not slow the vehicle in a steady, linear manner. Instead, it slows the truck down to a certain point, then with the same constant pressure on the brake pedal it slows the car more and more powerfully as the truck gets slower and slower. So you end up having to take your foot off the brake a bit as you get close to slowing to a stop - otherwise you get an abrupt stop when applying constant pressure to the pedal.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone have any ideas to try to fix this?

Thanks - Paul

it slows the truck down to a certain point, then with the same constant pressure on the brake pedal it slows the car more and more powerfully as the truck gets slower and slower.  

Are you on GX? I have an LX but it must be comparable.

When I leave the gas pedal, it slows the truck -- by automatically gearing down (I can easily see it from the odometer readings) till the speed reaches 40km/h (~25mph). From then, the autobrake feathure disables and I must derepress the brake pedal much harder to stop the truck.

• 4 weeks later...