Frequency Output Of Stock 8 Speaker Amp?

Hey All,

Basically I have a the stock 8 speaker JBL/Pioneer system (no nav. no mark levinson) and I would like to know what frequency signal goes to which speaker set from the stock amplifier.

I was told that the back door and dash have full range, but that there is a crossover in the amp that restricts the front door to mid-low range.

Thanks in advance!

Hey All,

Basically I have a the stock 8 speaker JBL/Pioneer system (no nav. no mark levinson) and I would like to know what frequency signal goes to which speaker set from the stock amplifier.

I was told that the back door and dash have full range, but that there is a crossover in the amp that restricts the front door to mid-low range.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jay and welcome to the club. I want to make sure I understand your question. Your not asking for the wattage that comes out of the amp to each channel, and your not asking what the speakers mz. out put range is. Your wanting to know if there are crossover networks or filters that allow/restrict certain hertz of sound levels to go to certain speakers.

I've never run accross this question before, and not sure if I will be any help. In these types of auto systems their pretty straight forward. The amp puts out it's signal. The signal is full width and is changed by the use of cross overs/filters, tone controls, amplifier wattage and speaker design. There is no one thing that controls the sound of your system. For complete tech data, go to TIS.com This is Toyota's official Lexus technical website where you can find anything you'd ever want of a technical nature. The fee is $15 for 2 days use of the site.

Paul

Hey Paul, Thanks for the welcome! BTW I posted the same thread to clublexus.com and so far no responses so cheers to you as the club manager :-)

>and your not asking what the speakers mz. out put range is.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. This is exactly what I meant to ask actually!

>Your wanting to know if there are crossover networks or filters that allow/restrict certain hertz of sound levels to go to certain speakers.

(I think not technically correct but the technician just described the specific frequency as being "crossover inside, before it leaves the amp")

>The amp puts out it's signal. The signal is full width and is changed by the use of cross overs/filters, tone controls, amplifier wattage and speaker design.

Yeah I thought it was strange too but the technician at this shop told me that the door speakers don't actually get full range and that he would expect the tweeters to blow from not getting enough juice.

----------------------

>TIS.com

I may have to check that out, thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hello racehorse593. I have worked on many Lexus RX adding aftermarket audio equipment. This is what I have found out. all Lexus RX330,350, and 400h models from 2003-2009 all have the same audio setup. They all have a separate amplifier that is mounted in the rear right, just behind the back seat and under the floor board. It is hidden out of the way. So a few interior panels have to be removed to get access to it. The radio sends only signal (no power) to the amp; The amp has internal crossovers that are built into the circuit board: The amp sends different frequencies to each speaker; Since there is no subwoofer in this vehicle the doors are acting like a subwoofer, this is where your bass comes from, If you turn your radio on and put your ear to the front doors you will notice that there are no vocals/ high frequencies coming out only low frequencies, You have to install a high power speaker when replacing the stock one if not you will blow the new speaker, On the dash you will notice two(2) tweeter locations on the A-Pillars,this is where No bass comes out only the vocals (on 2007-2009 RX models you will notice black plastic screens on the bottom of the windshield, this is another speaker location for midrange speakers); The back doors have a full range signal coming from the amp, this is why you see a tweeter and a 6.5" speaker on each door. email me if you have more questions Juan, notwcaraudio101@gmail

• 2 weeks later...

Great outline and explanation.

Lexus audio systems have always been treated like a dark mystery that no one dares touch for fear of being cast into a firery pit! lol

There has always been a lack of information put out by Lexus, and in many cities it is very difficult to find someone to work on them. Yes, there is always your dealer, but they continue to charge incredibly high prices. One vendor I have found that does an excellent and professional job, is "United Radio" in New York. They are even able to work on Mark Levinson systems.

Hope your project Jay goes smooth.

Paul