Help A N00bie

Regular washing and being parked out of the elements will keep it slick and beading, but the Zaino has long since lost its protective abilities. The Z car wash has some polymers in it that can cause the paint to bead, but they dont offer any real protection to speak of. 6 months is about the life for any product. 6 months and you're doing really well.

Well, interesting conversation. Come on SWO, while I certainly agree that any wax lasts less on a dark vehicle, saying the Collinite bakes off? Okay, whatever. As far a s durability, I just wahed the Lexus for the first itme in months after being in NJ. After I finished, it still looks like I just waxed it today.

I also detail cars for people occasionally (if I like them and the car) and everyone has been amazed. I can't speak for #476s because I never use paste, but for the #846, I have never found anyhting better for protection, and I have been at it for a long time. I use it on my Froniter which is dark blue and it easily lasts a half year or more.

I only speak well of it beacuse I like it, I have no interest in the company, nor do I even know anyone asociated with the comapny. I am a customer.

I haven't heard one other person on here speak about #846, as everyone seems to like the 476. Maybe it is just ........ better?

Denny

Collinite is a carnuaba, and it will definately bake off a dark car at high temperatures.

I never meant to say that you had any interest in the company, I just want to make sure that all sides of the issue remain discussed. A lot of car detailing forums fall into the "in" product that people get chastized if they don't use, and I want to make very sure that doesn't happen here. Collinite is a great product, but there are many other great products out there too.

, I have never found anyhting better for protection

But I don't think you've ever tried a synthetic product have you? I'd be happy to send you some samples of some Polymer sealants for you to see what you think if you'd like to test em out.

haven't heard one other person on here speak about #846, as everyone seems to like the 476. Maybe it is just ........ better?[/quote[

According to the independent wax test the 845 and the 476 were almost identical, the 476 lasted 2-3 more automatic car washes. Thats the only reason I bought it over the 845. They seem to be pretty comparable.

I undestand what you mean. Yeah, my brother use to work for a chevy dealer and got some of their synthetic sealer which was quite good. I have tried quite a few different waxes, polishes and sealants but still feel I get the best results from the insulator wax. Dark vehicles are far harder to maintain which is why I only have one dark vehicle.

Don't let the dealership's synthetic sealer be the judge, usually the dealership products are purchased just because they're cheap and aren't very good. You should try something like Klasse, Zaino, Wolfgang, 4Star Ultimate Paint Protectant, etc.

Hi, first time poster here, I just traded in my red '02 Trans Am WS-6 for a green '04 LS430. Great forum.

I'd give the nod to using Zaino, I used it on my Firebird and it was absolutely beautiful and lasts for quite a while. Not quite 2 1/2 yrs like one of you said, but for several months at a time. For brighter colors I think Zaino works better than Klasse, but it doesn't match the depth that Klasse gives for darker hues (I have a friend with a black Acura CL and a red Ford F150 with Klasse on both, my red car shamed his but his black car definitely looked better than my black Nissan). As soon as the dealer wax/sealant wears off on my Lexus, i'm gonna give it the full Zaino treatment, clay/wash/polish.

Yep, it was a big change, but not too painful on the wallet. As much as I loved my Firebird to death, it just became wayy way too unreliable all of a sudden, and the amount of money i spent from the repair bills monthly finally pushed me over the edge and I took the plunge to trade it in for something VERY different after years of sports cars/sedans. Funny thing was, I seemed to have an unlucky model, I know Camaros/Trans Ams aren't rolling lemons (had one many years before and it lasted for 6yrs without a hiccup) and they're reasonably well built, but mine just started crumbling into a POS. Sigh... it's long gone now.

• 2 weeks later...