2003 Gx470 Rear Door Handle Bezel Removal

erescsan

So I need to have a look at the door opener mechanism. I can open the door from the outside handle but not the inside handle. My daughter used to wail on the door handle to open it while I was unlocking it.......

I see all sorts of discussions on removing the door trim and all....but......I need someone to really dig into the removal of the handle bezel area. I cannot figure out how to remove it. I got the trim piece directly behind the door handle(within the bezel area), also removed the screw behind it.....and then stuck city!!!!!

I realize that there are some claws or something in there.

What I see is two tabs coming through the top of the bezel. They look like maybe 1/2 inch wide by 1/8 thick plastic.

When I try to pull the bezel outward it seems to grab the wood trim to the right of it ( rear passenger side door ) and also the door trim directly to the left of it. It seems to really be hooked behind those points.

Can anyone get into some detail on this? My truck may be old but it looks great and I would hate to scratch it up.

I'd post a pic but I think the door panel removal process has a million pictures and I know you experts already know what I'm trying to do......

Thx a ton in advance.......

One side topic. How useful is the set of repair manuals? I was thinking of buying them off Ebay or something like that, but they are expensive. I know Toyota sees Lexus as a money maker where people are supposed to have unlimited cash flow to sit in the comfy dealer, sipping espresso while talking golf........but I on the other hand do not fit that profile (though I like espresso and golf)......I'd love for those types of manuals to be available after a vehicle hits 10 years old or so. If you guys think the information in them is great, I'd get them.

But I'm babbling...thankfully someone had the foresight to create this website....and thank you for it!!!!