Another Sc400 With Blown Speakers

Count me in the foray.

It's actually my father's 92 SC400 (190,000 hard, ugly miles) with the Nakamichi 6-Disc Changer.

All but the driver speaker and tweeter, and sub, are completely blown.

I really do like the stock system and won't mind replacing them with the same, but I'm pretty sure the dealer would rape me.

Did a search for sources but couldn't come up with any... Anyone have any sources OR comparable replacements?

Cheers!

Sal your correct the price of new speakers from the dealer are about $450 each. OEM Lexus speakers from a salvage yard are a lot cheaper if you can find ones that work. The next option is after market. Nakamichi makes 4" midrange speakers that are very close to the OEM Lexus speakers but they are two way speakers with a tweeter. Nakamichi also has component speakers that might match the original Lexus speakers but I believe some of them are now discontinued but may still be available. IMO the Nakamichi "aftermarket" speakers may be our best choice in the future as it gets more difficult to find the original Lexus speakers.

I hear ya.

I'm just curious if there are any compenent sets out there that will fit in the stock position. I don't necessarily have any brand loyalties but I do like it to be as smooth as possible, ya know?

Good Evening,

We replaced our 4 speakers with rockford-fosgate 2-way. After reducing the treble some, they're great. Current R-F vs 12-year old Naks should be a reasonable price/performance tradeoff.

The sub is another issue. I have a R-F RFZ3810 (10") on order, and need to get a mono amp with ~ 150W. Several people recommend this unit because of the limited space in the SC400 rear deck.

Other forums discuss subs at length, but I just need a little more bass than stock. Blowing out the rear windows isn't on the agenda.

Good luck

I HAVE NICE NAKAMICHI AFTERMARKET 4 INCH SPREAKERS 4 0HM AND MATCHES ORIGINAL WATTS PERFECTLY. THE SAME HIGH EFFEINCIECY LOW WATT SPEEAKER LIKE ORIGINAL EXCEPT NEW UPDATE BY NAKAMICHI. THAT LOOK AND WORK GREAT. EMAIL FOR EMAIL PICTURE OF ONE MOUNTED IN THE LEXUS NAK SPEAKER BOX. PIONEERSUBY@WOH.RR.COM