More Volume Knob Issues

Help! New to the forum and could use some uplifting advice--

I've been following the old posts about volume knobs from 2003 and I need someone to tell me that I don't have to replace the entire unit to solve my problem.

I used to have a loose volume knob that wouldn't adjust volume until it was turned halfway. Now, it doesn't adjust the volume at all. There is very low volume coming from the unit (almost inaudible) and I NEED my radio! The knob cover has fallen off at this point and the small metal post inside is moving around freely.

Is there a way to fix this??

please please please, any help anyone can give would be great!

thanks

i actually had that problem with my old stock headunit in my '93... it was really really loose and the volume wouldn't come on at all. i had a lexus mechanic check it out and he tore the whole thing apart and found out something had come loose and had to be resoldered. he decided the HU still wouldn't be right with it so he told me to get something new. but since it's about the same thing, i'm guessing it's a tape inside that's loose and needs to be reconnected along with anything else connected to the button. it would most likely need the entire head unit changed out.

the car should be under warranty... so why not take it to lexus and show them their problem.

kevin

the car should be under warranty... so why not take it to lexus and show them their problem.

Zeta-

I think you mis-read the post. The car in question is a 1993 ES, so it's probably out of warranty. ;)