Need Help Naming This Hose

So I have a 92 lexus es300

About six months ago I was at a gas station when my car started over heating & antifreeze was all over the floor so when I opened my hood there was a leak shooting up from a hose a old man helped me out by cutting the hose & then tighting it. Now that im fixinb my car im trying to find the hose and no one knows.

Hopefully by me describing where its at someone can help me out.

Its connected to somewhere by the right side of the engine and to what I think is going toward the dash board I may be wrong bcuz I know nothing about cars.

If u can help me out I appreciate it.

It looks like a leak from the end of one of the hoses which has now been shorten slightly, just make sure you are not losing water. The hose will have to be replaced sometime and any competent mechanic will be able to spot it. It is not your job to point it out precisely (just explain what had happen and that you did not want it happening again, if they don't know move on to someone that does).

My guess is that the rubber hose was leaking from where it joins with a clamp so the hose was cut to make it slightly shorter (hence removing the part that was leaking), this is OK and with a hose in good condition will suffice but since it had a problem originally it would be a good idea to replace the hose and have all hoses checked.

I agree w/ rick. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm not sure about the arrangement of hoses on the '92, but on my 94 there are 4 small water hoses on that side of the engine, two go to and from the underside of the throttle body, and 2 go to the heater w/ connections on the firewall.