Trunk Assembly For Suspension

hello1

hey, i just bought my sc300, dont noe much about it, i am trying to install new shocks/sprins, how do i reac the rear strut assembly, how do i take out the trunk components..thnx alot for ne help, pictures would be awsome on how to take out the rear carpet things in the trunk..thnx

This is the only pic I have that even gets close. Over to the upper right hand side is where you can access the passenger side strut from the top. You gotta kinda climb in there. You'll have to pull all the trunk liner. Start with the main backside cover over the gas tank. It's clipped at the top. Carefully but firmly pull it back and out slightly downwards. Wrestle with it and it will come out. The rest are held with those plastic push tabs and screw tab assy's. You'll need a philips and a tab puller or whatever they call that special service tool. I just use my fingers or carefully use a flathead screwdriver. Every time I do it, I wind up breaking or losing one. I had a link on where to get more of them somewhere. I'll need to dig it up. Good luck.

post-3-1080549701.jpg

The threads have thread lock/sealant on them so the first couple turns are pretty difficult, then it gets better, you need a good fitting wrench, I think it's a 12mm. Don't round off the corners, make sure you have the correct wrench, box end is best.