Rims

kmammas

I've had my 2003 lx since I purchased it new 12 years ago. I now have 230,000 miles and it runs beautifully. I don't want a new car. So I've done some body work. My rims are bubbling up and peeling now, I also need new tires. I've been looking at rims, and its confusing. Do I go with the factory rims again, or can I go to something different. I've looked at different finishes, and from what I've researched, it seems that the polished and machined are the best for year round where I live (sometimes lots of snow, the calcium destroys my brakes). I think I will stay with the original size. Is there any reason to go bigger? The other question I have is with the off set. I did some research regarding this. I know that the lexus rims have an off set of 60. How important is it to be close to the original off set, when I look at after market rims for the lx, there are so many, the off set varies from 0 to 35. The closest to the 60 was a rim by Andros, it is a silver painted and has an off set of 57. I hope that someone can give me some good advise.

Thank you so much.