What Would It Take To Get 300hp?

Hites

Like I said, it only comes online at wide open throttle. Any other time, it is still stuck in the intake tract. This is an obvious restriction and no good.

why would you need it at any other point other than wot? who races at half-throttle?

Careful buddy. Lex Luthor has been around a long time. He knows what he is talking about. The man is very well respected. You can free up a little flow, but not much. The system, over all, is very well designed.

Lex Luthor is not on crack.

Like I said, it only comes online at wide open throttle.  Any other time, it is still stuck in the intake tract.  This is an obvious restriction and no good.

why would you need it at any other point other than wot? who races at half-throttle?

I'm sorry man. You are not understanding. Forget about it. Put your tornado in there and watch stock SC4's run away. If it worked, everyone would do it.

the intake/exhaust/ignition/valvetrain/mgt are very well engineered from the factory.

if the intake is very well engineered, then why do people report such great gains from doing the bfi? you have to be on crack to think the exhaust system is very well engineered. the damn thing is press bent, has pipes pressed together to merge them into a single pipe, and the manifold is absolute crap with one pipe coming in at a 90 degree angle. every thing else is quite well, though.

Doing a BFI does away with the resonator and any un-needed air flow restrictions that act like venturie's to your system. On the same note, based on how an exhaust is bent, and what angles it goes at effecting how well it flows is a ricer misconception. I can take a garden hose and wrap it in circles and it will flow the same amount of water as if I were to lay it straight, now if I pick it up and bend it straight in half I will limit flow, but you don't have anything like that in your exhaust track. Your exhaust is a pressurized system, I could do 20 90 degree turns from the manifold back and its going to move the same amount of air, being that it is under pressure, the real benifit is going up in exhaust size which allows you to move more air, but its not a good idea on a N/A engine as you don't have a turbo providing back pressure against the engine.

This is getting nowhere. Let's close this thread. And "NO" Lex Luther is not on crack. Just ask him about the GTE block and he will tell you hhehhee. You asked a question, we gave you the answer and you are trying to tell us that we are wrong. I might not know everything but enough to work on any lexus and toyota.

JPI