Rx350 Panic Alarm Goes On When Trying To Start The Car With Key

Hi!

I am having a problem with my 2007 RX350 from yesterday.
I have only one key and one after market remote starter. When I try to start the car with the key, the car's security alarm/ panic alarm goes on and it does not start. The key still closes and opens the doors.
On the other hand, I can still start the car with my after market remote starter, and after that when I put key into ignition, and turn in into on position, the car starts panicing again but I can still drive it with panic alarm.

I talked with lexus roadside assistance guys, their suggestions are working.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kazi and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club !

The problem your experiencing is a not infrequent one when working with after maket remote starters .As Mason said, I would put a pretty sound bet on the wiring installation of the after market starter.

You say that you talked with Lexus Roadside Assistance, and that their suggestions were working. Can you elaboate?

If you continue to have problems, It is frequently the action of the engine immobilizer. The immobilizer is designed to keep the engine from starting if someone tries to steal the car, the engine will not start. If your in the car and you get out to go into say a store, and you keep the FOB inyour poctet, its possible that when you get in it will die on you.

I have had 3 - ES 350, all with aftermarket remote starts.Allof themhave required some fine tuning. If you keep having problems go to your installer and get the schematic from them. If they won't give it to you, go to you Lexus dealer.My dealer sells both after market remote starters as well as the factory device. I don't recomed the Lexus factory product.

Paul

• Like 1

Hi Kazi and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club !

The problem your experiencing is a not infrequent one when working with after maket remote starters .As Mason said, I would put a pretty sound bet on the wiring installation of the after market starter.

You say that you talked with Lexus Roadside Assistance, and that their suggestions were working. Can you elaboate?

If you continue to have problems, It is frequently the action of the engine immobilizer. The immobilizer is designed to keep the engine from starting if someone tries to steal the car, the engine will not start. If your in the car and you get out to go into say a store, and you keep the FOB inyour poctet, its possible that when you get in it will die on you.

I have had 3 - ES 350, all with aftermarket remote starts.Allof themhave required some fine tuning. If you keep having problems go to your installer and get the schematic from them. If they won't give it to you, go to you Lexus dealer.My dealer sells both after market remote starters as well as the factory device. I don't recomed the Lexus factory product.

Paul

Hi Paul!

Thanks for your reply.

Roadside assistant guy suggested me to lock and unlock the car three times with the key using the driver's side door lock, wait for 5 mins and then try to start the car. I tried, it didn't work. I guess, as you said its the problem with the remote starter. I am also surprised that the remote starter still can start the car! May be my best bet is to take it to a mechanic since I don't know how to disconnect or fix the remote starter!

Thanks for your suggestions!

It's probably the aftermarket remote starter. Try removing it/disconnecting it/removing its fuse, then see if the panic alarm still goes off.

It's probably the remote starter! unfortunately I don't where the fuse for the remote starter is. Can you please help me to locate that?