Radiator Flush... How Much Fluid?

i have a question regarding to the same topic. i m about to do the same thing, flush the system, so went out and bought a coolant. i bought this kind of coolant, Havoline Extended life anti-freeze coolant. is this brand any good, or should i go with another brand of coolant? i heard that the SC's are very sensitive to coolant, so just need some advise here.

Thx

Havoline Extended life anti-freeze coolant. is this brand any good

If air gets into your cooling system past a worn radiator cap or low fluid level in the radiator or low fluid level in the coolant jar, Havoline Extended Life Coolant can turn into Deathcool http://www.saber.net/~monarch/deathcool.jpg

For peace of mind, use the factory original coolant: genuine Toyota Long Life Antifreeze mixed 50/50 with distilled water. Buy it at your local Toyota dealer.

For peace of mind, use the factory original coolant: genuine Toyota Long Life Antifreeze mixed 50/50 with distilled water. Buy it at your local Toyota dealer.

In this FAQ (3,4,5 and 6) it says 50/50 mix may not be the best mix, and Mix should be based on the climate where car is driven rather consider general climate conditions (by auto manufacturer keeping in mind candian climate and other north eastern states of USA).

http://www.mkiv.com/faq/faqtt.html#enginecooling

Can somone throw light on this coolant mix percentages ?

Thanks

it says 50/50 mix may not be the best mix, and Mix should be based on the climate where car is driven rather consider general climate conditions (by auto manufacturer keeping in mind candian climate and other north eastern states of USA).

You'll run into all sorts of car care websites on the internet which advise Toyota / lexus owners to stray away from the maintenance advice of the Lexus engineers. You'll even run into Lexus independent service shops and even a few Lexus dealerships which refuse to follow the maintenance advice of the Lexus engineers. All these special interest groups have an axe to grind of one kind or another so you'll have to decide for yourself whether or not the purported benefits of disregarding the advice of the Lexus engineers outweigh the inherent risks.

For 30 years all Toyota and Lexus owners manuals have recommended a solution consisting of 50-52% antifreeze and 48-50% distilled water. Since 1987, all Toyotas and Lexus's come from the factory filled with a 50/50% solution of genuine Toyota Long Life antifreeze and distilled water. Use this mixture for a troublefree cooling system and peace of mind against possible catastropic future problems like erosion of the aluminum cylinder head cooling passages and cylinder head gasket failure.

The factory recommended 50/50 mix will keep a Lexus engine running cool even in 120 degree F Arizona heat yet also provide freeze protection down to -31 degrees below zero. No cooling system addtives are needed or recommended by Lexus.