Sc300 Valve Lifters Leaking, Need Replace

I would like to hear a sound file or your engine, I am interested in the clickity clack noise. I personally don't think its anything to be worried about, if you want to hear loud valves listen to a horizontally opposed engine like used in the Subaru's. Noisy as hell, but totally normal.

So.....Inquiring minds want to know? Yesterday, I ordered a valve lifter part #13751-74020 from Toyota. It arrived today and I got it home and tried to cut it in half with a hacksaw. It was hardened steel and the hacksaw just bounced off of it. Where a hacksaw failed, a bench grinder did the trick, exposing the cross section of the valve lifter. It is one solid machined piece, no hydraulics to it. :cheers: No matter which way it turned out, its good to know the truth. That means AWJ was correct that the valve needed to be adjusted. I've made an appointment for Monday morning to have that done at Import Auto Service here in Corpus Christi.

It's called the "bucket".

JPI

The clicking noise is common on all toyotas (ie lexus's) after about 45,000 miles.

I've owned and worked on 6 toyotas (2 I-4's, 3 V-6's and 1 I-6) and all of them click. Since Lexus = Toyota then I would assume the same for the Lexus engines as well. Just my 2 cents on the mexican tap dancing :).