Turn Signal

chaplex

Hi,

I'm new here and just wanted to say that I have found the forum very helpful and intresting. Only problem is that my wife is tried of me tying up the computer. Anyway, I have a 96 ES 300 that all of a sudden the drivers side turn signal flasher is blinking twice as fast as normal. Any ideas what causes that? Thanks -

Jimbo,

I had the same thought so I took off the drivers side brake light and replaced all the lamps even though they all worked to start with. The drivers side front turn signal is working also. Think I should replace it as well or should I look somewhere else. By the way - the wife said a second computer is out of the question unless I stop doing stuff to the lex. Whoa!

The turn signals use a flasher unit that is usually found near the fusebox. Sometimes they go bad as they work on the principle of heating up and breaking contact, opening the circuit, then as it cools the circuit closes again. Perhaps Lexus uses some other expensive method, I'm not sure. Anyway, the flasher is the thing that makes the clicking sound when the lights blink.

• 4 months later...