94 Ls400 Only Idles After Starter Change

dsls400

Changed the starter in my ls400 at first it ran poorly with an engine code 41(tps) I had one, so I installed it, the code is gone, but the engine only idles, smoothly, but just an idle. It will not accelerate at all. I first thought I have a vacuum leak, but do not see. or hear one.. I'm kinda lost to where to look now?.. Thanks in advance, Skip

btw. there were no codes before the repair and the car ran awesome!

Yeah, Steve, my first thought was that the throttle cable was not reconnected. It happens. All I can say to Skip is "Welcome" ...and go over everything you dismantled and make sure that all connections are solidly back in place. I recently went thru the starter replacement and very painstakingly made sure that all connectors were back on properly. Double and triple check. Miss one and she will not run correctly. It is also very easy to damage a connector as well.

Check this tutorial for proper installment of the TPS -> http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/tps.html

http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/skipstjohn/media/VID_20140413_145639571_zpspryriyjb.mp4.html yes, the throttle cable is connected. I'm pretty sure it is fuel related. was kind of hard to get video correctly, but if you spray starting fluid into system it will rev with rotation of tb. As far as tps goes, it is as close as i can get it, with it not running correctly I went through that years ago. that's how I ended up with one. it was my ecu back then kept giving the tps code, even with new one.