Help With Floor Mats

GSsoldier

My idiot friend threw gum at me and being cheap gum it didnt stick to me which i would have been happier if it stuck to me but it didnt and it hit the ground somewhere and my friend said it was a gum wrapper...

well to make long story short another friend found it by stepping on it and now there is much gum residue on my LS's floor mats is there a way remove gum off the mat? cus if there isnt im going to lexus-parts.com or where ever to buy new mats as soon as possible... and is there anyway to by whole sets of floor mats like floor mats and trunk mats and the whole bundle?

I had to edit your post, I know that you're upset but we're careful about the type of language used around here ;)

As for the mats, try a couple things. Goo gone, ice, and seltzer water. If those don't work, Lexus-Parts sells the mats as an entire set only.

My idiot friend threw gum at me and being cheap gum it didnt stick to me which i would have been happier if it stuck to me but it didnt and it hit the ground somewhere and my friend said it was a gum wrapper...

well to make long story short another friend found it by stepping on it and now there is much gum residue on my LS's floor mats is there a way remove gum off the mat? cus if there isnt im going to lexus-parts.com or where ever to buy new mats as soon as possible... and is there anyway to by whole sets of floor mats like floor mats and trunk mats and the whole bundle?

2 points.

1) I recently got a real deal on brand new, still in the original packaging, OEM floormats for my LS430 on ebay; a full set (front and rear) for less than $40, including shipping. It is probably worth having a second set for spares.

2) http://autopia-carcare.com/ is a discussion site for detailing fanatics (like me) and covers cleaning problems in great detail.

1) I recently got a real deal on brand new, still in the original packaging, OEM floormats for my LS430 on ebay; a full set (front and rear) for less than $40, including shipping. It is probably worth having a second set for spares.

2) http://autopia-carcare.com/ is a discussion site for detailing fanatics (like me) and covers cleaning problems in great detail.

great advice thanks imma going to check that website out, and im going to look into new mats/spares ones

Try ICE. Fish a cube out of your cocktail and hold it on the gum. The gum gets really hard and you can chip it off. Someone told me and I didn't believe it, but it works.

By the way, I hate gum. People hawk it out the window and then you get long gooey strings of someones chewed out gum on your lower panels. Spearmint is the most offensive smell.