Static Sound Behind Dashboard On My Sc

theazz

First this is my 2nd SC430 (bought it a week ago). Had to sell my first one to pay for a wedding. Anyway I have a static sound coming behind the dashboard. Turned everything off except the on position on the ignition. Static still there. So I started pulling fuses to see if I could isolate the problem. Yep I found the fuse on the block on the drivers side. It is ckt 6, 7.5amp. Book says its for Tilt and Telescopic steering, Power door lock system, SRS (something with airbags, there is another fuse that says SRS) and Power seat system. Any ideas on where to start before I pay Lexus to find it.

Could it be the headlight leveling system? I've heard of other owners experiencing problems with them and it would result in a similar sound if they just continued to whir as they aren't leveling out. The blown fuse could just be a coincidence.

• 4 months later...

Finally found the problem. Decided to dive into this and started to pull fuses to see if it stopped. Found the fuse and started to take things apart from the power source to the last thing in the circuit. Turns out it was a bad connector connection on the back of the AC control unit.

Happy Days

theazz

• 1 month later...

Static or gurgle sound is back. Apparently others have had this and it's faulty servo's. There are a total of 4 on the sc. Cleaned all 4

(trying this first) . Sure hope this does the trick.

Theazz

• 6 months later...

Forgot to get back to everyone after I cleaned my servos. Yes they were very dirty. Cleaned them and everything works great. No more noise in the dash.

theazz

• 7 months later...

They do operate the mixing doors for the heat/ac. They are located under the dash and behind the dash. Not too difficult. Mine had some dirt and lint on them. Just clean and put back in. You can also buy new ones for about $120 each but mine just needed cleaning. I have 94k on the vehicle.

theazz