What's The Issue With These Lowenharts?

What's up guys, so I was given these wheels by a family member. They don't have an exanation to why the wheels look as they do, and I'm trying to figure it out as well.

I recently painted the wheel to try and make the wheel look better, and it came out great, I'm experienced in spraying so that's not my concern. I just like the machine finish look of the wheels. So I decided to remove the paint using Aircraft paints stripper, in hopes that what my original problem was, was actually some sort of film or clear coat that they applied, and that possibly the paint stripper would remove, allowing me to relolish, and then just clear coat it to see how it would look. Well after about 6 times of applying that stuff, different lengths of time all minimum of 15 minutes. The paints all gone, job successful but, this film or what not I'm talking about, didn't even get fased.... Does anyone know why the wheel has become this way? And what my options may in fact be? Thanks a lot guys. Take a look!

post-151794-0-30130100-1396854038_thumb.

post-151794-0-05105600-1396854088_thumb.

post-151794-0-98555200-1396854135_thumb.

UPDATE!

Well after a bit if TLC, y'all ready to see what I transformed these dam wheels into!! Ladies and gentleman, feast your eyes ;)

(Was Def. A lot of work, but was well worth it.) they look almost new.

AFTER:

UPDATE!

Well after a bit if TLC, y'all ready to see what I transformed these dam wheels into!! Ladies and gentleman, feast your eyes ;)

(Was Def. A lot of work, but was well worth it.) they look almost new. Minus the curb rashes.. I didn't do but its alright... Was given the wheels any how def. Can't complain! Feed back is welcome! If you have questions, feel free to ask k. BTW! NO PAINTS WERE USED WHAT SO EVER! it's machine finished, didn't want to loose the look... Plus spraying them looks cheap IMO..

AFTER:

post-151794-0-38095400-1397306580_thumb.

post-151794-0-19221800-1397306680_thumb.

• 7 months later...