'94 Ls How To Remove Cellphone Mount?

moving2

Hi All,

'94 LS question again. Mine came with what I believe to be a factory cellphone mount attached to the factory stereo. I've tried sliding and twisting this thing to get it off with no luck. Anybody have any ideas how this was attached and how to remove it? See attached picture for reference- sorry it's not more complete- it's the only one I have right now without going out to take a picture of it. The cell mount is at the lower right of the picture.

post-154957-0-48179500-1396808763_thumb.

I can't see a cell phone in your photo. The handset for the dealer installed Lexus phone system of the 90-94 LS400 was in the console box under the armrest and has a Lexus logo on it. Removal of it requires removing the console box insert so that the cradle can be removed and the cables unplugged. If the handset and/or cradle is someplace else then it is an aftermarket product.

Give us a photo and I'm sure I or someone else can tell you how to disassemble the interior to remove whatever you've got.

1990LS400- the part I want to remove (what I thought was the cell mount but who knows) is the part on the lower right of the picture I posted. There is no cellphone, just a mount- the square thing with something sticking out of it attached on the lower left of the picture. Maybe this is not a factory part? Was this type of mount even offered factory?

OK, do you know your right from your left? :chairshot: You and my wife may have the same problem.

You might have to remove the radio/HVAC control unit to remove whatever that is - I can see only a portion of it ... on the lower RIGHT corner of the photo.

Does this "thing" look like a bracket that is inserted between the radio and the upholstered console "rail"? If it is, it is probably held in by one or more self tapping screws. I've used brackets like I am talking about to hold phone cradles and GPS units a bunch of times.

Removing the radio/HVAC control unit requires first removing the center vents and the console wood. I don't think the center vents are held in by clips like the 95-up but look into the vents to see if there is a clip on each side. These vents are easy to break and expensive - $300+

The console wood can be CAREFULLY pried out with a plastic non-scaring trim removal tool - a putty knife or regular screw driver can also be used but tape up the blade to prevent scratching the wood. I almost forgot, the 90-94 has a separate ash tray unit that has to be removed - how to do that will be obvious once you have the console wood panel out.

The radio/HVAC assembly is held in place by four 10mm bolts - two top, two bottom. You will see them once the vents and wood are removed. Don't drop the bolts when you remove them - you might not be able to recover them.

• Like 1

1990LS400- why I have no idea what you are referring to re: right/left :) J/k I just edited the posts to correct. And the information in your post is just what I needed. Thank you!

I just would like to know why you can't get a better pic than the one you posted on both forums? It would give everyone a better Ideal of how to help you.

sha4000- because, as I indicated in my last post, I've already had my question answered to my satisfaction (by 1990LS400, and also others on the other forum). Thanks for your concern.

I just would like to know why you can't get a better pic than the one you posted on both forums? It would give everyone a better Ideal of how to help you.

sha4000- because, as I indicated in my last post, I've already had my question answered to my satisfaction (by 1990LS400, and also others on the other forum). Thanks for your concern.

Glad you got it fixed, I was not sure if you rectified the situation. I saw the suggestions but no confirmation if they worked.