Need Help Tpms

I have a gs300 and my tpms light show up i put air in all wheels and still there and i dont know if is a sensor or something else . I press the reset buttom to

• 1 year later...

Take it to the dealer or invest in the Toyota Techstream software. You can put it on your laptop an fix/change lots of things on the car. The software and cable that you hook up to the cars diagnostic port and your computer is relatively inexpensive on ebay.

i am having trouble with the TPMS as well. tire center installed 4 new sensors that i purchased, but they can't get the system to initialize. what do i do???

Did the tire center program the ID's for new sensors into the car's ECU? Are the new sensors known to be compatible with your Lexus - not all are.

It can take a few minutes to an hour of driving for TPMS warning light in the dash to go out. TPM sensors used on Toyota-made vehicles are activated by tire rotation.

A popular inexpensive tool for programming in TPMS sensor ID's and retrieving existing sensor ID's from the vehicle ECU is the ATEQ Quickset - mine was about $140 on eBay or Amazon.

i am having trouble with the TPMS as well. tire center installed 4 new sensors that i purchased, but they can't get the system to initialize. what do i do???

Did the tire center program the ID's for new sensors into the car's ECU? Are the new sensors known to be compatible with your Lexus - not all are.

It can take a few minutes to an hour of driving for TPMS warning light in the dash to go out. TPM sensors used on Toyota-made vehicles are activated by tire rotation.

A popular inexpensive tool for programming in TPMS sensor ID's and retrieving existing sensor ID's from the vehicle ECU is the ATEQ Quickset - mine was about $140 on eBay or Amazon.

thanks. i will have to ask them that today. as far as i know, these sensors are compatible. i will now have to check that as well. so, if i bought this tool you mentioned, i won't have to take the sensors out to get the id off them. i was going to write down the id numbers for each wheel, but then, i figured the guy knew what he was doing. ugh.

thanks. i will have to ask them that today. as far as i know, these sensors are compatible. i will now have to check that as well. so, if i bought this tool you mentioned, i won't have to take the sensors out to get the id off them. i was going to write down the id numbers for each wheel, but then, i figured the guy knew what he was doing. ugh.

No, the ATEQ Quickset cannot read the sensor ID's directly from the wheels. That requires a separate and usually much more expensive tool. A good tire shop should give you a printed page showing the ID codes and/or the boxes the sensors came in which always show the codes.

The sensor codes have to be entered exactly right when entering them into the tool used to program the vehicle ECU. If they entered them manually, it is possible that mistakes were made. The Quickset allows the codes to be entered in either hexadecimal or numeric format and I learned that it has to be done precisely.

The tire shop should have the appropriate tool to read the sensor ID's directly from the wheels. If they don't, they shouldn't be doing this type of work.

I thought about having a nearby NTB do the installation and programming of the TPMS for the winter wheels/tires I bought for our Sienna and Prius until I discussed it with an NTB employee who knew only how to follow their defined procedures and did not understand much about how TPMS works or how sensors are activated on various vehicle brands.

I have been assuming that the TPMS on your 2006 GS is of the same technology used on current vehicles made by Toyota. My Quickset software shows it working on the 2005-up GS so that is an indication that that it is the same.

Keep in mind that on many (probably most) TPS cars, the spare tire is included in the sensor reading. You can have correct pressure in all 4 road tires but if the spare is low, the TPS light will illuminate. Upon adding air, it should go off. Just one more thing to check.